What's new

My enthusiasm for 'THE FAST AND THE FURIOUS 2' just dropped. (1 Viewer)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I just found out that Vin Diesal will not be in the sequel. Now, i'm not the biggest Vin Diesal fan, I didn't care for xXx but IMO the film just will not work without him. To add insult to injury, Michelle Rodriguez won't be in it either.

No thanks, i'll wait and check it out on dvd.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
When exactly did the news about Vin Diesal break? :confused: Because I had heard that Michelle Rodriguez wouldn't be in it, i've known that for months now, but no one mentioned anything about Diesal.
I found out about Diesal on ET tonight, the news must be fairly new if they are just now reporting on it right?

Al B. C

Supporting Actor
From what I heard today, Ol' Vin wants to get "Fast and Furious" with Anna Nichole Smith.

What's up with that?

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
John,
I thought it was very old news actually (Vin not being in F&F 2). About the time the project was announced. His reasoning was about doing franchises, he only had time for 2 and chose, Pitch Black 2 and xXx 2.

I'm no F&F fan but i'm glad Michelle Rodriguez is not in it, I'm one of the only people that think her presence in a film makes it less enjoyable.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Yeah, they mentioned that he was doing xXx 2 instead, big mistake IMO, TFatF was a much better movie than xXx. His decision makes no sense though, TFatF ripped him from obscurity and made him famous, I would have thought he would have done this one rather than xXx 2.
On Michelle Rodriguez, did you catch her in Girlfight? She's great in that film.

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
I was nearly going to mention "but I haven't seen Girlfight". But the few films i've seen her in just strike that nerve that annoys me.
I would say Pitch Black was his role that made people recognise him. I believe F&F would have been a better option as well, I predict its sequel would make more money that a second installment of xXx had Vin been in it (we all know it about money with these films right) :).

Matt Pelham

Screenwriter

It is. I wasn't a huge fan of The Fast and the Furious, but I might have considered seeing the sequel before I found out VD wasn't going to be in it. It's weird, I don't particularly like Vin D. or Paul Walker or Michelle Rodriguez or TFATF, but I was midly excited about a sequel. Go figure.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Yeah, I'd heard long ago that Vin was not doing the sequel. Not sure why ET is digging up this old chestnut now...must be a slow day for Hollywood trash.

On the other hand, Paul Walker must be breathing a sigh of relief, since FATF was supposed to be HIS big break and Vin got all the attention instead.

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
It was reported months ago (around June or July) that Vin would not do Fast and the Furious 2 sequel as he would rather do the xXx and Pitch Black sequels.
But, a few weeks ago, it was reported that Ja Rule wasn't coming back. :D

Reginald Trent

Screenwriter
John, since you're such a huge fan of Vin's I'm sure you'll want to spell his name correctly in the future. Diesel not Diesal. ;) Nontheless, I agree Vin should be in FATF2

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
quote...
"Ja Rule wasn't coming back."
Now THAT I can live with. :)
At least tell me that Jordana Brewster is returning! :frowning: The cast are dropping like flies here.
Reginald,
"Diesal", "Diesel", the guy's just gas to me however you spell his name. :D ;)
One of the problems I have with him is that i've always thought that he looked too much like Shrek disguised as a massive white guy. :)
However he was pretty good in the original TFatF and in Pitch Black, I also liked his supporting role in Saving Private Ryan, so i'm not ready to dismiss him completely yet.

Rey_Ramos

Agent
I heard a couple of months back that he wanted 20 million for FATF2. Since the new director (John Singleton) didn't believe he was worth that much money for the role, he began casting for someone else. That is when Vin decided to stick with FATF director Rob Cohen for XXX2. It's all about the money, not the movies. BTW, I went to school with Michelle Rodriguez. She still lives in Jersey City, actually she is my mother's next door neighbor but I think I saw her moving out last week. Probably moving up in the movie ranks and needs a new pad.

Reginald Trent

Screenwriter
Quote:
Reginald,
"Diesal", "Diesel", the guy's just gas to me however you spell his name.
-------------------
Diesel is fuel not gas. ;) But I agree with you John, TFATF will be a different movie without him.

chung_sotheby

Supporting Actor
Supposedly, VD (I like that nickname, it might just stick on him like it did for Joey on Friends) is not that sweet in real life. At the first showing of the final cut of XXX, VD didnt even show up, and during the whole shooting of the film he didnt even talk to the rest of his cast members. I like the guy as an actor, but he does seem to throw out the "Look at me, I have big muscles and I shave my head because I'm going bald, so I'm cool" vibe going on.
As for Fast and the Furious, the first movie was pretty damn bad, even though it had some cool chase scenes. I mean, anytime a movie has two scenes where the music lyrics predict what going to take place, as well as a random as all hell 1/4 mile drag race that involves famlilial angst crossed with a train and a mack track, it is bound to be put into the cheesball hall of fame along with Frank Stallone and a beta tape of Tango and Cash

Aaron Reynolds

Screenwriter
Real Name
Aaron Reynolds
Wasn't Vin fired from Reindeer Games because he didn't want to wear a sleeveless shirt, and told the director "I save my muscles for Vin Diesel movies"?
When I heard that, I immediately decided that Vin Diesel is my favourite New Hollywood Lunkhead.
I mean, how can you get fired from a film like Reindeer Games???

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks