What's new

Mutiny on the Bounty--sound out of sync? (1 Viewer)

mike--

Stunt Coordinator
I've now watched this several times, and in the scenes where the actual mutiny takes place, the sound appears out of sync for about 7 minutes. From the actual moment where Mr. Christian (Brando) strikes Capt. Bligh (Howard) until the long boat is put in the water, the sounds apeear out of sync. Ex: when Mills (Harris) is below the deck gathering firearms, a seamen loyal to Bligh appears at the doorway. Mills then turns around and slugs him.........but you HEAR the 'slug' milliseconds before you actually see it!........has anyone else noted this anomaly??

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
Mike, did you post this on AVS too? Someone there made the same comment. I haven't watched it yet, but I'll try to at least cue it up to this point tonight to check

mike--

Stunt Coordinator
No, I didn't post this at AVS?.....which I am not familiar with. I'm just curious if someone else is seeing(or hearing) the same problem. No matter what i do, stop play, pause or shut my Toshiba HDA1 off, the same problem exists. And I do have the 2.0 firmware disc update installed too.

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
then someone else has encountered the same problem you have. He also said that nothing he tried could stop it, and that it started around the same point.
As soon as I can get to my HT tonight, I'll cue this up and check it.

do you have an exact timecode for when this starts?

mike--

Stunt Coordinator
no time code Paul, but right when Christian strikes Bligh it begins..........you will notice Bligh's reply is out of sync. It then lasts for approximately 7 minutes, or until the Bounty's longboat is shown in the water along side of the hull.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks