What's new

Movies with Narrations? (1 Viewer)

McLean Byron

Auditioning
Blade Runner. ;)
Just kidding...

On a related note (and I mean this only as a momentary rambling, not as a subject change - I'm sure there are already threads on this), I've often wondered how Kubrick movies might change from having their narration removed. About 2/3 of them employ omniscient or character narration: The Killing, Lolita, Dr. Strangelove, A Clockwork Orange, Barry Lyndon, and Full Metal Jacket. Now, I'm not trying to argue they would actually be better without narration (far be it from me to suggest such a thing...). Just different, and something I like to keep in mind when watching them.

Oh, and real picks of movies whose narration is absolutely integral to the movie as a whole? I second Fight Club, and The Man Who Wasn't There. Oh! Oh! - and Carlito's Way.

ChuckSolo

Screenwriter
One of the best narrations ever is that of Sir Cedric Hardwick in "The War of the Worlds." Edward James Olmos did a great narration in "American Me" too. Charlie Sheen's in "Platoon" aslo comes to mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks