What's new

Mission Kashmir DVD release date from Columbia Tristar Home Entertainment! (1 Viewer)

Sanjay Gupta

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Sanjay Gupta
Mission Kashmir (Columbia TriStar Home Entertainment)
Release Date: June 4th
DVD Features:
Digitally Mastered Audio & Anamorphic Video Widescreen Presentation
Audio: Hindi and English 5.1 (Dolby Digital)
Subtitles: English, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Chinese, Korean and Ihai
Interactive Menus
Theatrical Trailers
Scene Selections
Rated R
Color
DVD #08736 ; UPC # 0-43396-09736-1 ; DVD LSP $29.95
VHS Dubbed # 08874 ; UPC: 0-43396-08874-0
VHS Subtitled # 08735 ; UPC # 0-43396-08735-4
What's specially interesting is the English 5.1 Dub.
Links to actual news releases:
Mission Kashmir
Columbia TriStar plans Mission Kashmir
Sanjay
Member since 1997

Brajesh Upadhyay

Supporting Actor
Sanjay, how is this movie? Anything like "Dil Se"? -- I liked that (story was so-so, but wonderful visuals & music). Or, is the movie more action/politics than music?

Sanjay Gupta

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Sanjay Gupta
'Mission Kashmir' in my opinion was the best Bollywood film from the year 2000. It was most definitely far superior to the mushy candyfloss film 'Mohabattein' that won the Filmfare Award for Best Film that year. Although it had its share of flaws, primarily in terms of unneccesary scenes and songs, it was still a very good and entertaining film on the terrorist problem in Kashmir. The film had a good storyline, decent script, good action, excellent cinematography and also very good music. The film also had very good performances from Sunjay Dutt and Hritik Roshan. What the film needed was, a little tighter editing, but then again I guess a Bollywood film has to have its quota of six songs.
Compared to 'Dil Se', I would say 'Mission Kashmir' is a much better film overall, certainly more entertaining. Although the music of 'Mission Kashmir' is quite good, 'Dil Se' was far superior in this regard. Personally I think that 'Dil Se' has one of the best soundtracks of all time and the picturization of the songs was brilliant. Only problem was that after a while it seemed like the director (very unlike Mani Ratnam, he is a great director) forgot about the script and was just focussed on the visuals.
All in all I suggest you watch 'Mission Kashmir'. If you liked 'Dil Se' then I'm sure you will like 'Mission Kashmir' too.
Sanjay
Member since 1997

Talal

Stunt Coordinator
I can't share that same sentiment...

Mission Kashmir was just a well MADE movie, it wasn't exactly an all around good film.

People do love this film... don't ask me why.

The people I spoke to who watched this movie either didn't like it, or had to walk out of the theatre...

again, I will say that the movie (for the most part) is well made production, but otherwise... bleh.

Talal

Stunt Coordinator
Sanjay, I'm not a 100% Pakistani, but a lot of my family is...

What I am 100% of is muslim.

I gather by your question, that the bias was more than prevalent.

BUT, this conversation doesn't belong in the discussion of the dvd....

Sanjay Gupta

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Sanjay Gupta
Looks like it's finally coming. The cover art, courtesy Amazon.com
B0000648X5.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Sanjay
Member since 1997

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks