What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

"Mission: Impossible" (60's version) DVD branding question (1 Viewer)

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Something I've been wanting to know about the branding of the DVD releases of "Mission: Impossible," the classic late-60's CBS adventure/spy series:

Why was it that the releases were branded as "The _________ TV Season" (2-7), and "The Complete First TV Season" for #1? I've heard of the common branding "The Complete _______ Season" for a lot of releases from several companies (including Paramount), and "The ________ Season" for a lot of CBS DVD releases (most notably "Hawaii Five-O"), but what was it about the 60's "M:I" that made its DVD release branding have "TV" in the title?

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Originally Posted by TravisR

To differentiate it from the movie series. How anyone could mix them up, I don't know but I'm sure that's the reason.

Good point! That's just what I was thinking. After all, "M:I" is, IIRC, a quite lucrative franchise that includes this, the late-80's ABC series, the films, and a host of other memorabilia, so I'm guessing that this is why it was.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adityalbarrett
Recent bookmarks