What's new

Mintek Portable DVD Player w/7" Screen (1 Viewer)

MatS

Screenwriter
model #DVD-1710
anyone have any experience with this player?? it is on sale for $299.92 (after rebates) at BB

Bill_Weinreich

Second Unit
No personal experience, but I would definitely check it out first hand. Most low end players have a very annoying tendency to skip, freeze up, etc. I would guess that this one will be no exception. It will also probably have a poor LCD. Most times you get what you pay for. I foresee in another year or two, the rest of the players will drop considerably. (the first port. DVD's were over $1500 with a small 4:3 screen). If you realy cant resist, buy it. But check their return policy in case its not up to par.

My $.02

Bill

Jeremy Little

Supporting Actor
When we put out our display I noticed that the laser moved WAY too easy. I could shake the unit and hear it slide from the inside all the way to the outside. It must skip like a bi*ch. I personally would shell out a little more dough and get a much better unit. :thumbsdown:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks