What's new

Miller / Boyett fans PLEASE STAND UP - What titles would you like released next and why? (1 Viewer)

What titles would you like released next and why?

• Step By Step

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Getting By

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Going Places

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • The Family Man

• On Our Own

• Two Of A Kind

• Valerie/The Hogan Family

Votes: 14 82.4%
  • Meego

• Total voters

justarandomstan

Second Unit
Real Name
Stan
First things first, I LOVE multi - camera sitcoms. And Miller / Boyett's are among my favorites. With the upcoming release (no date yet, but it's coming) of Perfect Strangers my love for the Miller / Boyett sitcoms has been reinvigorated.

I know, I know, some people will say that their sitcoms are cheesy and full of cliches, but to be honest, I really need some good, clean, family friendly comedies in my life. And, as we all know, sitcoms nowadays tend to go for more edgy story lines (which is good, don't get me wrong), but they also use a lot more swear words and are full of raunchy sex jokes.

I am in no way conservative, but I wish we'd have more shows like Perfect Strangers, Step By Step, Full House, etc, nowadays, even for variety's sake. Shows that are silly, fun and naive if you will. Man With A Plan has that vibe to an extend.

With that being said I'd like to see Step By Step, Getting By, Going Places, The Family Man, On Our Own, Two Of A Kind & Valerie/The Hogan Family released. Yes, I know some of them were 1 season flops, but one can dream right? Even Meego would be fun to check out. I mean, how bad can it really be?

It's your turn now!

Thanks in advance for sharing!

Last edited:

ClassicTVMan1981X

Screenwriter
Real Name
Benjamin
Count me in here, too, though I would rather hope that their last couple of Paramount-backed productions (when under the banners of Miller-Milkis and Miller-Milkis-Boyett) will soon be released on DVD...

My hot sheet:
Night of Terror (TV movie) (1972)
The Heist (TV movie) (1972)
The Weekend Nun (TV movie) (1972)
Egan (TV movie) (1973)
Blansky's Beauties (1977)
Walkin' Walter (1977) (a rejected TV pilot featuring Sam "Spo-Dee-O-Dee" Theard and Madge Sinclair)
Makin' It (1979) (probably tougher to do due to the Bee Gees songs playing a pivotal role here; remember, this series was intended as a TV version of the hit 1977 film Saturday Night Fever)
$weepstake$ (1979)
Out of the Blue (1979)
Goodtime Girls (1980)
Foul Play (1981) (based upon the 1978 film of the same name)
Little Darlings (TV movie) (1982) (TV adaptation of the 1980 film of the same name)

~Ben

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
With Perfect Strangers starting again via Warner Archive MOD, Is that a case of its been 10 years so lets get it out as quick as possible? Or is it more of an Okay we'll see how Season 3 goes and go from there

justarandomstan

Second Unit
Real Name
Stan
With Perfect Strangers starting again via Warner Archive MOD, Is that a case of its been 10 years so lets get it out as quick as possible? Or is it more of an Okay we'll see how Season 3 goes and go from there

They will be releasing the entire series this time!

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Same with me (same birth year, too)!

Thus, the Foul Play TV series should have the Paramount TV logo using the 1980 jingle.

~Ben

Do you think (incredibly brief as this ABC series was) that its release, if there is one, will be on one disc, or two?

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Each episode ran one hour, and there are five episodes... so it would be a two-disc set.

~Ben

That's what I wanted to know! That's the same way it was w/Mill Creek's all-in-one of Future Cop, which had Paramount's Blue Mtn. logos of the time for each portion of that ABC series (pilot, series, and post-series NBC film).

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
If Foul Play from 1981 did indeed come out on DVD, would it be Mill Creek doing it (as was done w/Future Cop), or possibly VEI?

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Or even CBS DVD itself if it is MOD (manufacture on demand)... they have better luck these days preserving the logo on them that way!

~Ben

Why does an MOD have a better chance of having Paramount's original logo(s) of the time preserved? Is it because of their Best of the West release (MOD of that 1981-82 ABC Western comedy)?

justarandomstan

Second Unit
Real Name
Stan
With a whole lotta luck, I managed to find 13 out of the 19 episodes of Going Places on YouTube. The show really is not as bad as people label it to be, I find it funny. Hopefully we'll get a MOD release some day, or at lease a digital one.

P.S. - if you're interested, just search for going places episodes, and you'll find them.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks