What's new

MGM tells a fan that August will see the Poltergeist sequels and Last American Virgin (1 Viewer)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
"SkottDMD" is the handle of a fellow over at DVDFile's discussion forum, who made this post this afternoon:

Quote:
AWESOME MGM news (Poltergeist and more)

I know some of you probably hate the poltergeist sequals and the other movie I'm going to give info on but I love all and I freaked out when I got this e-mail. Both Poltergeist sequals and the Last American Virgin will be coming to DVD in August! MGM responded to my e-mail very quickly with this:

"A double DVD, featuring both Poltergeist sequel movies will be released in August. The Last American Virgin will be releases that month, as well.

Thank you for your interest.
MGM Home Entertainment
Customer Service Department"

http://www.dvdfile.com/interactive/forum/images/smilies/beerchug.gif

Peter Mazur

Second Unit
I hope it's true about Last American Virgin. I have been waiting for this now for years. I love this film, and very few modern films would have an ending like that.

Keith Paynter

Screenwriter
The Last American Virgin was almost a formula teen ritual comedy, but thanks to the more serious tone of the final act (and the unique ending), I found it to be a refreshing change. I thought it was going to become a forgotten film.

Thanks MGM!

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
Last American Virgin is a must-see for anyone who loves movies with happy endings ;)
My laserdisc of "Gas Pump Girls" from the defunct Vestron label says this movie was issued by Cannon, so MGM probably owns this one also. Since it was filmed right here in Sacramento, I'd love to see a DVD edition and I could do an intro segment from the location where most of it took place. :)

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
Who cares about THe Last American Virgin! BRING ON POLTERGEIST 2 and 3!!!!!!! :)

Nick Graham

Screenwriter
Woohoo, another $10 double feature from MGM.
I will finally witness the Craig T. Nelson Tequila Worm monster in all of it's widescreen glory!! God bless MGM, with this and the also groovy Teen Wolf DVD, they seem to be catering directly to the children of the 80s geek demographic I am so proudly a member of.

As for Last American Virgin, I had only heard of it in passing before, but after hearing you guys talk I might have to swing by Hollywood and rent it this weekend.

T r o y

Supporting Actor
I hope none of the original music in the movie is changed or altered. This movie had a smokin'80's music soundtrack!

Mark Edward Heuck

Screenwriter
I just hope they stick to the original ad artwork on the package for LAST AMERICAN VIRGIN. These new cover treatments usually just look bland.
I wonder if they are getting director Boaz Davidson involved. He could talk about how it is an updated, Americanized version of his Israeli hit LEMON POPSICLE. It would also be great to hear from stars Diane Franklin and especially Steven Antin, now that he is a respected playwright and actor.

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
LAV is actually a very interesting film that rises above its potentially trite and explotative subject matter. I remember watching that film when I was younger and being floored by the way it turned out. Not a great film, but far from bad.

As for the POLTERGEIST sequels (yes, the word has two E's) while I enojoyed the second film for it's almost campy performances, I can't say as I liked Three at all.

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
I am going to wait on getting all excited on LAST AMERICAN VIRGIN until I read an official announcement. I would LOOOOOVE to see it on DVD, but the film has been out of print on VHS for 20 years due to music rights, I don't think it would be that easy to clear them all up. Do you really think the U2 of today would allow "I Will Follow" to be played over the abortion montage again? And to change it would be pointless. The film had the greatest soundtrack of just about any film, I would hate for it to lose it.

Hoping for it to be true.

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
"LAV" would be great! It's such an odd blend of silliness and poignancy. Can never hear "Just Once" without thinking of this film and that ending.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
To hell with the sequels, how about re-releasing the original Poltergeist in a much deserved SE?

Does Warner have this now?

Jon Hertzberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jonathan
Hooray for Last American Virgin. I too hope for a reproduction of the original artwork and, of course, anamorphic OAR.

Unfortunately, MGM's recent past has not made me so confident on these fronts. Well, now I don't regret selling my VHS copy on eBay awhile back. Although, if there's no OAR, I will be very hard-pressed to purchase this one.

Jon

Will K

Screenwriter
Since a SE of Poltergeist is only a dream, I'll be happy to have PII on DVD. The ending sucks, but it does have its moments. PIII, on the other hand, is just plain awful. Giant frosted mini-wheats in a garage and corn flakes coming out of a midget's face do not a scary movie make!

Arnie G

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Arnie Douglas
P3 has the worlds record for number of times a character's name is yelled. Carol Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!Carol Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!Carol Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!Carol Annnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!Carol Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!:angry:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks