What's new

MGM and The Conqueror Worm UNCUT (1 Viewer)

Donald W

Stunt Coordinator
I know that MGM owns the rights to this film...and it's one of the last Vincent Price/AIP films that MGM hasn't put out on there Midnite Movies label *this and Masque of the Red Death*..I hope that they put on the disc both the export European version that has more nudity, and the original Director's cut...If your reading this MGM when you guys go to do the DVD please have both versions on there...this has to the be the best film that Vincent Price ever did...if you have never seen this film you need to treat yourself to seeing it

Will K

Screenwriter
I myself am looking forward to the next wave of Vincent Price DVD's from MGM. I saw The Conquerer Worm(also known as The Witchfinder General) many years ago and liked it quite a bit, but I'm not sure which version it was. Either way, I'd certainly welcome dual versions. I don't think a collection can have enough Vincent.

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
I'm hoping that MGM releases this uncut on DVD too. I'm also looking forward to seeing The Haunted Palace & Masque of the Red Death.

Bob Graham

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bob Graham
While we're waiting for MGM, there a region 0 special edition available from the UK. It includes both the original and a continental cut (the "extra gory" scenes are of such poor video quality that they are distracting--but the rest of the scenes look great!); the original music score(not the terrible HBO electric score; a documentary on Michael Reeves with cast interviews (Hilary Dwyer is still HOT!),trailers, and cast bios (which unfortunately have a few errors). If you don't have an international player (a player that can convert a PAL to an NTSC signal) it should play fine on a DVD ROM drive (it does on mine). It's a great disc! MGM, the challenge has been made! It's up to you to top it!

Donald W

Stunt Coordinator
there are 2 versions that are out there of this film...one is the continental cut that has added gore and a nude scene that Michael Reeves didn't aprove of...the other is the Reeves cut know as The Witchfinder General that doesn't have the added gore....I hope that MGM does do this film right...it's one of the best horror films I've ever seen

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
I have it on VHS - and hesitated to buy the R0 DVD. So a very strong "second" here!

Cees

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks