What's new

Metal Gear Solid X-Cancelled? (1 Viewer)

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
I was in the game store the other day renting a gamecube, and I got talking to the owner about Xbox, Ps2 and exclusive titles. My point was that there were no strong Ps2 exclusives, since things like Metal Gear were being ported to Xbox. He then said that Konami cancelled the Xbox release last week-is this true? I've looked everywhere for confirmation or denial of this, but there's nothing. Anyone know any more about this?

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Konami have most definitely not announced MGS-X being cancelled. They're just being *very* *very* quiet about it.
Game store staff aren't always the best people for game gossip ;)

Butch Smith

Stunt Coordinator
I SERIOUSLY doubt that MGS-X has been cancelled. I can Guarantee that you won't hear a peep out of Konami about it till after the holidays. It would be professional suicide for them to start talking about what they will do to it for the XBOX. Stealing the PS2's holiday thunder is NOT something they want to do.

There even might be a contract stipulation asking that they hold off on the release for a certain amount of time after the PS2 game launch.

Chad Ferguson

Supporting Actor
But why would they announce Silent Hill 2 X so quickly after it's PSX 2 release? Why not do the same with MGS X?

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
Silent Hill 2 is not quite the "event" game that MGS2 is. SH2X does not have quite the same impact as MGS2X.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Silent Hill 2: Restless Dreams also is not that much greater than SH2. Its pretty much Silent Hill 2 with a second game that is 4-6 hours long. Nobody knows anything about MGSX, so it could be MGS and MGS2 or MGS2:Director's Cut or something else that would be big.

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
I don't know-I usually trust the guys who own the game shops, since they seem to have a better idea of what's going on than most. I don't know when the game was originally set to ship, but might it have been pushed back?

Regardless, here's hoping that the rumor isn't true, since MGS2 is one of the only reasons I can think of to buy a Ps2 now.

While we're on the Ps2/Xbox ports thread, what about Squaresoft? Any chance we'll see ffX on the Xbox (FFX X maybe?) Actually-a semi conspiracy based theory on that...

What might happen is that we'll see a schism-the North American companies supporting the Xbox and the Japanese ones the Ps2. Since the Xbox seems to be concentrating on the North American market primarily (about time!) this might start a backlash among japanese gamers and development houses...

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
While we're on the Ps2/Xbox ports thread, what about Squaresoft? Any chance we'll see ffX on the Xbox (FFX X maybe?)
There were rumours of such a beast. Then Sony bought out a 20% chunk of Squaresoft killing a lot of multiplatform Squaresoft rumours....

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Square has said before that FFXI is the only FF game (up to 12) that will be on something other than PS2 (and only PC has been confirmed). FFXI might come out on X-Box or even GameCube, but no other FF titles.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks