What's new

Men in Trees ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

Wendy_L

Supporting Actor
I'm still watching this show and liking it more and more with each episode.

We need a cute quirky romantic comedy on the air right now.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
This episode left a big silly grin on my face. It's just a nice change of pace after a week of procedurals and sitcoms. The building of these characters and how they interact with one another is the strength of the show. It's probably going to have to fill that Everwood void for me, and it's doing a good job.

The snoring subplot hit home for me, but mainly because I can snore up a storm as well.

We got more development from the Slattery boys (the fight between the brothers is always welcomed because the city boy is an asshat).

Glad to see Ben finally moving on, even if it took a caribou to get him to see the light.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
*sigh* I am just so sick of ABC shows not ending on time, messing up my VCR timer. It was one sentence into Marin's ending narration, then it just cut off there.

Very unfortuate, because the network has some great shows.

I have sent e-mails to them about this, but get the usual response, that they can't respond back due to mass amount of e-mails, or something like that. It's bullfuck!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
10/20/06

Another pretty entertaining episode featuring "New Baby" Liza's visit to big sister Marin for their birthday party. Ever Carradine did a bang-up job as the lil' sister who's always the life of the party, and Marin is mainly the fuddy-duddy.

I just like how people talk to one another like true characters, not just plot devices. Patrick's mom Celia is gold in more of her scenes. I LOL when Annie was drawing what Patrick's dad would like like now, saying "I've never aged anyone before" and Celia retorted "You're aging me." Classic.

The reveal of Patrick's paternity was a bit of a "oh no, are they really going to go there." and they did.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
10/27/06

Another good episode following the aftermath of Patrick piecing his paternity together with Buzz's sneezes. Patrick is shocked and angry at his mother about the coverup, but it took being stuck in Buzz's cabin after an avalanche to accept the situation and continue to look forward, not backward.

Jack and Marin continue their dance of companionship and friendship as they pair up in the Buddy System to look for Patrick and Buzz after the avalanche (we all know it should lead to a full-on romance, it's like the futility of rolling a boulder uphill, there's too much chemistry between them to fight it).

Sarah makes a decision that impacts her relationship with Ben for the time being after her attempts to move forward are contantly thwarted by those who only expect what she provided in the past.

Wendy_L

Supporting Actor
Patrick Sun, you do such a bang up job on your reviews. I wish I could write like that.

I think these last two episodes were the best so far. The show is definitely starting to gain it's footing now. I hope ABC gives this show a chance because I'm really starting to like it more and more.

I agree with you about Jack and Marin's chemistry. When I was watching it Friday night I said, "Woowee.. I can feel the sparks between those two here in my living room!" I give Marin major points for her self restraint. If I had had a taste of that gorgeous man I don't think I could hold myself back after that. She definitely has more self control than I do.

And shame on Sarah for letting the towns people distract her like that. Personally, I don't think she really wants to change occupations. I'm not judging, I just think she's using it as an excuse.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
MiT gets a full season pickup and gets moved to Thursdays at 10pm starting November 30.

Tonight's show was a tad cheesier than the last few. Maybe it was the stunt casting (and it seems Jewel doesn't play herself as well as she does a fictional character). It was good to see Jane get a little action.

Jack is a turd.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Thursday nights on ABC will be estro-fests.

I liked that Plow Guy made his move on the editor. The standoff between MomMy and Patrick's mom Cecilia was hysterical given the musical cues throughout that scene.

Jewel must have a marvelous agent, first a guest appearance on Las Vegas, and now Men in Trees? The layers of Teresa's past gets peeled away a little now that we know she sang with Jewel on tour, and has her own song-writing aspirations.

Patrick and MomMy's bonding was cute, as was Cecilia's attempt to use bonding with Annie to get the 411 on Patrick and MomMy's new budding relationship.

Marin and Jack hit the rocks again, but Jack will eventually find out what was really written in the article and come around to how Marin really feels about him.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I saw the episode in HD for the first time, Friday. It looked incredible. Interesting that ABC has moved this to Thursday. I guess they are happy with the ratings or the demos they get from this show.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Just read Heche and Tupper left their respective SOs for each other. I'm sure the on set dynamics are interesting...

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
You have no idea... Here's a gossip report from TV Guide's Michael Ausiello:

"You're gonna love this: A couple you love on a show you love are in love. But wait, there's more — so much more. These series leads are married to other people, spouses my moles tell me they are this close to leaving for each other. And really, how could they not dump the folks they pledged to love, honor and cherish? They've been overheard spouting clichés like, "We've been waiting our whole lives for this!" (Gag me.) While this would be the first offense for one of the saccharine sweethearts, the other is no stranger to bad press. At this point, a homewrecking extramarital affair would only confirm the worst that a significant portion of the public already thinks of this individual. So, guesses? Don't be shy — these two certainly aren't!"

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Err...last night's episode had a funny sight gag of Marin trying to sing and block the door from the bear in the fixer-upper she bought.

Never realized you could get 30 seconds of airtime for $6 in cable-access Korean channels.

Jack and Lynn are headed for trouble (almost resembling the real-life stuff going on, it would seem).

SteveJKo

Second Unit
"Listen, I didn't come all the way from China to see my 26 year old bastard step son delivering papers."

Between this show, Friday Night Lights, Studio 60, and Brothers and Sisters, I've been watching and enjoying a lot more TV than usual this season. But this one line of dialogue instantly became my favorite little bit of repartee so far this year.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
That link took me to some stuff about Grey's Anatomy. I couldn't find the linke to Men in Trees.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams

If you had skipped on down the page you would have found the item reproduced in my original post. The link is to the Ausiello Report main page.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Couldn't help but think of Six Days Seven Nights when Marin encountered the bat.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Well, the show is back, airing the handful of episodes that didn't finish out least season. I'm assuming the "cliffhanger" of Season 1 would have been the fate of Jack and Marin after his breakup with Lynn.

I can't say I'm sad to see her go - the lack of "spark" was pretty obvious from the beginning.

Though not my favoritest of shows it is one I look forward to for its lightness. Plus all the women on it are really attractive, each in their own ways. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks