What's new

me.com online service - slow? (1 Viewer)

Darren Lewis

Supporting Actor
I've been trialling the MobileMe service for the past few days now. Has anyone else noticed that the website interface is quite slow? The mail panel seems OK, but the contacts and calendar are quite slow to load, and the calendar itself seems quite "clunky", especially scrolling between weeks.

I did try accessing at work, but the me.com website won't work with IE6 :frowning:

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Yeah, MobileMe on the web has been slow.

I am guessing Apple will have that kink worked out shortly
as there are a huge amount of complaints about it.

Interesting to hear that it will not work with IE6. I mean, the
idea was for MobileMe to work on the Windows PC platform as well.

Keep us posted on your experiences.

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
IE6 is a dinosaur in the browser world...and actually IE7 isn't fully supported either given its 'issues'. If you can't install FireFox locally try running the portable version off a USB memory stick.

Darren Lewis

Supporting Actor
The portable apps version of FireFox works ok, but it's quite a hassle if I just want to do a quick check on the me.com website.

If Apple's plan was to open up more to the PC iPhone users with an online service, I'm surprised they're not fully supporting IE which most PC users will be using.

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
If Apple allowed IE6 many of the features wouldn't work. IE6 is simply too old and should be replaced with IE7 as soon as possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks