What's new

Guardians of the Galaxy (2014) (1 Viewer)

Vic Pardo

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian Camp
Edwin-S said:
I'll probably go and see this. Let's see. It has a raccoon. He talks, has a bad attitude, anger issues and has access to large amounts of firepower. What's not to like?
I would have preferred a honey badger to a raccoon. They're way more badass.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Vic Pardo said:
I would have preferred a honey badger to a raccoon. They're way more badass.
:laugh:

Yeah. Going to see a CGI rodent isn't the best excuse for going to a movie, but he really is the only character that interests me in this flick. Well, other than the assassin chick that is. It looks entertaining enough. That's all I really expect out of a movie like this.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
I absolutely cannot wait. Marvel's cosmic stories are among its best, and certainly its most imaginative (along with Dr. Strange). In particular, the formation of the modern team in Annihilation: Conquest was really cool, and the ongoing series has been great.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Edwin-S said:
:laugh:

Yeah. Going to see a CGI rodent isn't the best excuse for going to a movie, but he really is the only character that interests me in this flick. Well, other than the assassin chick that is. It looks entertaining enough. That's all I really expect out of a movie like this.
Don't mean to be a nitpicker Edwin, but raccoons are not rodents. ;)

Bobby Henderson

Stunt Coordinator
Not meaning to split hairs, but raccoons are not rodents. For one thing, they don't have rodent teeth.

One thing that makes raccoons a little more bad-ass: they are distantly related to bears.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
dpippel said:
Don't mean to be a nitpicker Edwin, but raccoons are not rodents. ;)
Bobby Henderson said:
Not meaning to split hairs, but raccoons are not rodents. For one thing, they don't have rodent teeth. One thing that makes raccoons a little more bad-ass: they are distantly related to bears.
Ha ha. Whoops. Obviously I screwed up. Should have checked to make sure I was getting my facts. I just made an assumption because they are considered to be such nuisances in urban areas. Dumb of me. Thanks for the heads up from the both of you.

Bobby Henderson

Stunt Coordinator
We found this little guy in our dumpster at my workplace yesterday. Apparently he dropped in there looking for something to eat but couldn't climb out again. He's standing on some old driver board parts from LED-based electronic message centers.

DumpsterDivingRaccoon.jpg

I wish I had my Canon 5D Mark II and 70-200 f/2.8L IS II lens handy to take the photo but, alas, I had to get by with my phone. Apologies for the image quality.

Jonathan Perregaux

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jonathan Perregaux
My old apartment on the third floor had a sliding glass door. One summer night, I was laying on the floor watching a movie with the door open and the lights out. Unbeknownst to me, Rocket Raccoon casually took up residence in my room. When my cat inflated herself to epic proportions, the jig was up. I turned on the lights, cast a glance around, and there he was. Hilariously, the raccoon was in the corner, on his back with his paws on his belly, just chillin'. My landlord owned two large dogs but they proved completely useless in dislodging this interstellar criminal. He just sat there resolutely, never once changing his pose. Finally, I dismissed the dogs, turned out the lights, and went back to my movie. He left of his own accord. Right about 3:00 AM, my downstairs neighbor came home and the two dogs flew out the door and ran right up the stairs to my door where they had Rocket Raccoon trapped on the railing. The barking was incredible. Now the dogs decide to do something!Days later, he returned and I fed him cat food, like the idiot sucker I am. He was grateful, especially after having misplaced all his weaponry and uniforms. Eventually he moved on, no doubt in response to some cosmic menace.

Jonathan Perregaux

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jonathan Perregaux
And here he is.

DSCN0213.jpg

No, he's not dead. Just stuffed and relaxed after eating the cat food and spending part of the night hanging out in my room with me.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks