What's new

March Madness 2007 NCAAB Tourney (HTF Pick'em Challenge, too) (1 Viewer)

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
stupid stanford, I was hoping they'd surprise everyone and go another round or two.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
So, how's everyone looking after day 1? I'm 11-5, which isn't great but none of the 5 that I lost today were picked to get past the 2nd round so all of my potential Sweet 16 teams are still alive.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Well, it looks like Duke was seeded far too high, a #6 seed goes down to #11 seed VCU for the biggest upset so far in the madness of 2007.

I went 12-4 today.

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
I went 9 and seven, lost four sweet sixteen picks and one elite eight pick. Yeah I didn't do so hot. :P

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Went 13-3 today. Really thought Duke would win a few...Had Tx. Tech over BC & ODominion over Butler. :) Still a good day.

Worried, VERY worried about A&M playing Louisville Saturday in a virtual home game for the Cards. Life's not fair though.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Here I'm 10-6. I have one bracket where I missed only 1.. and I picked VCU over Duke. So, this morning I had tons of email about 'how did you know". eh, I filled out six brackets this year and played them six different ways.. I figured one of them had to be close.. no science in that.

Brandon_T

Screenwriter
13-3 but I took a hit with Texas Tech, had them winning a couple of games, same with Gonzaga, they are usually good for the early upset.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I went 12-4 for the first day. Not sure if I will do as well today. I have a lot of lower seeds picked to win today, including my University of Illnios.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Went 13-3 yesterday, and did not lose any of my Sweet 16. I'm sure the law of averages will catch up with me today. :)

I picked VCU over Duke in both pools I'm -- this one and one at work that included a $5 "donation". ;) I think that was a popular upset pick, since about 25% (40-ish) picked it in that bigger work pool.

Alex-C

Screenwriter
11-5 here on my main bracket. But all my misses I had losing in the next round, so I could still be in good shape come Monday.

Also, I had VCU over Duke.
Almost had BYU...they had 2-3 good oppurtunities to win in the waning moments of that game.

My upset specials for Friday are: Winthrop, Georgia Tech and Arkansas.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
My upset special is the game starting right now - Albany over Virginia. Mark it.

Of course I'm a little biased because I'm an Albany alum but I think they have a real shot. That's one of just 3 upsets I have for today (along with Creighton and Villanova, if that you count a 9 over an 8 as an upset).

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I got Wisconsin going to the Regional Finals. It's not looking very good right now. I did have Winthrop over Notre Dame, but not winning any other game, though.

Alex-C

Screenwriter
Winthrop wins, Ga Tech not...I'm 1 for 1 on upsets today. About to go 1-2 with my lame Long Beach State pick.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
Wisconsin helped my bracket, a lot. I went 7-1 this afternoon. The only game I missed was the Nevada over Creighton. There don't seem to be as many lower seeds winning this year. So far there have only been two double-digit seeds win. Ironically, it was two 11 seeds. I don't consider a 9 over an 8 an upset, since they are both so close.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Man, my alma mater Miami really gave Oregon a challenge but couldn't pull through.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
That game was a lot closer than I thought it would be, considering Miami just "squeaked" by to get into the tournament. Tuff luck for Miami.

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
I hate Nevada with a vengeance, but I have them winning their first 2 games. My Rainbows had literally won a game against them this season, our 2 points went up on the board, then the Nevada coach threw a tantrum. The refs huddled and TOOK AWAY the points from my 'Bows. (They did not even have the decency to look at a replay -- the Coach just intimidated them.) Everyone knows Nevada actually lost that game.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks