What's new

Marathons for New Year's Eve/New Year's Day (1 Viewer)

Gary_E

Second Unit
From Satellite TV guide for next week: (all times Eastern Time zone)
Beginning 7:00 a.m. Monday 12/31/01 until 3:00 a.m. Wednesday 1/2/02, the Sci-Fi channel is running a Twilight Zone marathon.
Turner Classic Movies has a Marx Brothers marathon of their own on New Year’s Eve into New Year’s Day.
The lineup is as follows:
Monday 12/31/01
9:30 a.m. - Love Happy
11:00 a.m. – A Night in Casablanca
12:30 p.m. – The Big Store
2:00 p.m. - Go West
3:30 p.m. – At the Circus
5:00 p.m. – Room Service
6:30 p.m. – Monkey Business
8:00 p.m. - Duck Soup
9:30 p.m. – Horse Feathers
11:00 p.m. - Coconuts
Tuesday 1/1/02
12:45 a.m. – Animal Crackers
2:30 a.m. – A Night at the Opera
4:15 a.m. – A Day at the Races
Happy Holiday and Happy New Year to all.
-Gary

Joe_C

Supporting Actor
Thanks Gary. I hadn't heard about the Twilight Zone marathon. It's been awhile since I've seen any episodes, and I, of course, would like to become reacquainted with the show. Hopefully I'll remember to catch some of them.

MikeAW

Second Unit
In the metro NYC area, I was a bit disappointed there was NO "Nick at Nite" marathon, a cheesy Comedy Channel Marathon, so I'm helping cure these wounds by enjoying a "Car 54 Where Are You" Marathon on the Cablevision Metro Channel this Xmas...surprisingly, it's top notch writing and acting has saved the day here!

I mean we don't get TCM so we are stuck with "Miracle on 34th Street" and it just doesn't hold up under repeated viewings! TNT's "A Christmas Story" does better...and that's not saying much !

Ernest Aguayo

Stunt Coordinator
Ah yes, the Twilight Zone marathon... I have always looked forward to that this time of year. My Tivo can go crazy! :D
I have seen ads for ABC/Disney doing an Alias marathon on 1/1/02 on ABC Family Channel, which used to be Fox Family Channel I believe? It will be nice to tune in to catch the episodes I have missed.
Ernest

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
HBO is running the 12 previously broadcast episodes of "Sex and the City" season 4, beginning at 9pm EST on Monday, Dec. 31. (New episodes start on Sunday, Jan. 6.)

M.

MikeAW

Second Unit
I'm looking forward, as I do every New Year's Day, to "The Honeymooners" marathon on Channel 11 New York City!

It really pisses off the wife, as she doesn't share my love of the show, but then that's toooo bad! It's a great way to start off the New Year!

Jim DiJoseph

Second Unit
There's also a Magnum p.i. marathon on A&E. For those who like good television, my advice would be to set your VCR's! :)
Incidentally, one of my all-time favorite shows aired on television will be shown during this marathon. "Did You See The Sunrise?" is IMHO a powerful two-part episode. I believe the first one airs at noon EST.
Happy Holidays, Everyone!!! :D

Paul P

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Paul
Law & Order Marathon on A&E starting at 8pm pacific. It's only four hours though. You'd think with all the LO episodes available they'd do more.

MikeAW

Second Unit
I love "Law and Order" and it's a shame that SOMEONE wouldn't give it more of a marathon !

It's one of those shows with consistently high quality story lines and acting...and it just shines more in the syndication format.

Brian E

Screenwriter
VH1 will be running Behind the Music all day on the 31st and until 8pm or so on the 1st. Then they start their top 50 videos of 2001 countdown which runs the rest of the night.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
VH1 will be running Behind the Music all day on the 31st and until 8pm or so on the 1st.
And this is different from their regular schedule, how? :D
I am so there for the Alias marathon! I finally get to see what I've been missing.

MikeAW

Second Unit
Caught "The Raging Bull" motion picture entry in AMC's New York Movie Marathon and was appalled at the transfer...or whatever was wrong with it...they used. Absolutely No contrast, low and bad garbled audio, overall bad video quality. Yuck !!!

What happened ? They murdered it. It was a mess!!!

Sometimes, there ought to be a Law about what Tv networks/stations do to films at Tv broadcast time!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks