What's new

Marantz 9200...Dropout Problems? (1 Viewer)

MartyP

Stunt Coordinator
Does anyone have any experience with the Marantz 9200? I'm concerned about the ubiquitous "digital dropout" problem at the beginning of songs when using a digital conncetion to the CD/DVD player. I have a chance to buy a used 9200; just wondering if this is an issue with this receiver. Thanks.

Marty

ChrisDixon

Second Unit
The 9200 will probably show similar results to the 8200, which I own. From what I can tell, it depends on your CD/DVD player. With my Marantz CC4000, it drops the first half-second of the first song only. It does not drop anything else, even if you skip around, so I just hit play twice when I first put a disc in and it goes back to the beginning of the first track and there are no dropouts. Some have reported drop-outs before every track, which I would find unacceptable. Also remember that Marantz can update the 9200 which (among other improvements) eliminates this issue entriely.

Chris

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
During playback, dropouts should only occur when you skip songs/chapters, or start up a disc, in DVD menus, etc... depending on your player as Chris notes. If you are looking to purchase this unit, I'd check to see if it had the update already. If you own it already, I'd say get the update for sure. I have an 8300 and though not 100% solved, it is unnoticable 99.9% of the time, which is good enough for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks