What's new

Malata DVD-N996 so hot, price dropped due to more volume. (1 Viewer)

Matt_Stevens

Supporting Actor
Wow. Word spread like wildfire about this baby and it's scaling features, PAL to NTSC conversion, top notch performance, etc. etc. Now there are so many orders, avdeals.com has lowered the price by $50 for both models, as they can now go for much more volume.
The bad side of this is they are out of stock and players will be delayed a bit. Just a couple days, from what they have said, so no big deal, but damn! Wish I had heard about it a week sooner.
Mine won't be shipped until at least tomorrow and I must admit that I am going nuts just thinking about it.
biggrin.gif

------------------
www.deceptions.net/superman
[Edited last by Matt_Stevens on July 30, 2001 at 09:05 PM]

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

RobG

Stunt Coordinator
Haven't been around in a while. Is it a good player? I am looking into prog. scan to upgrade.
------------------
"Don't ya think it's kinda loud!?"
(My wife speaking)

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Matt,
It seems we are feeding each other's addictions. Now I'm seriously considering this player for my region free needs. :)
------------------
My dealer of choice (especially if you live in So-Cal, I highly recommend them): www.yawaonline.com

Matt_Stevens

Supporting Actor
"Ain't it cool?"
biggrin.gif

I spent about 30 minutes with the Panny tonight (see my post in a current thread in TV area) and I am even more excited about this set. If my player arrives tomorrow, which it should, I will get to play with it a full week before the TYV rrives, allowing me to go full bore on it.
cool.gif

------------------
www.deceptions.net/superman

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member
Well I'm looking forward to getting mine. I believe it will be here early next week, I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Does anybody know if discreet codes for the remote have been found yet? I haven't seen anything about this on RemoteCentral.com yet. Or does the remote have discreets already?

Carolyn D

Auditioning
Matt,
The DVD player looks interesting. Anybody know if this player is VCR friendly? They offer two options, one with region code default of 0 and one with region code default of 1. What is the difference besides $50?
Thanks
CD

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member
Carolyn, the region 0 can handle any region coded disc that doesn't use RCE without any trouble, whereas the region 1 player requires you to press a few buttons whenever you want to use a different region disc. Both will play any disc, with or without RCE, its just a matter of the more expensive one easing the process for you.

Paul E. Fox II

Second Unit
Hey guys,
This could very well become the new player in the Palace, but since most of the same people posting questions in other threads have posted in this one, and Mr. Malata himself, Matt_Stevens orginated this thread...I'll ask my question here...
Will this DVD Player hand DVD-Audio discs now or should I wait a bit on a future edition? Also, now that I'm thinking about it, say I decide to do the squeeze trick via the DVD player on my 4:3 Display....can I store that setting for 16:9 discs and also be able to quickly go back to non-enhanced discs or will it have to be manually set everytime I want to watch an anamorphic disc?
------------------
Regards,
Paul
[Edited last by Paul E. Fox, II on August 28, 2001 at 09:22 PM]

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member
I'm trying to figure that out too. There's a few other threads so keep an eye out for those. My region 1 that I just received has some capability for DVD-Audio, at least it can display info on the DVD-Audio discs, whether or not it plays them.
Could someone with a player that is a few weeks old tell me if option 7 when you press Display is for DVD-Audio? I have this option and I'm wondering what it means.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Areles
Recent bookmarks