What's new

Magic Box Xbox Adapter (1 Viewer)

Eric C. Mylonas

Stunt Coordinator
Does anyone have any experience with the Magic Box joystick/pad adapter for Xbox?

It lets you use DC, PS2, and (I think) Saturn sticks/pads with an Xbox. I'm particularly curious if anyone has used a DC ASCII pad on CvS2.

I need some opinions since only a masochist would play CvS2 with either Xbox controller.

Oscar Saenz

Stunt Coordinator
Very interesting...I own the official DC joystick and twin sticks. I would also be interested in knowing if I could use the joystick on CvS2.

Eric C. Mylonas

Stunt Coordinator
Well, I went ahead and ordered one from Lik-Sang (nice to see that I can't find a single, reputable, online or offline retailer for these things in the US).

I'll be sure to let everybody know my experience when it gets here in in a week or so.

Andre F

Screenwriter
Is Lik-Sang reliable as far as shopping is concerned? They seem to have a lot of cool stuff...

WilliamZ

Agent
Eric,

I bought the Magic Box for the same reason that you did (Dreamcast Ascii Fighter Pad)

Unfortunately, the pad does not work with the Magic Box. Two of the buttons on the Ascii pad are not standard dc buttons therefore they do not work. The other negative of the Magic box is that the headset does not fit in the Memory card slot.

Despite these negatives, the Magic box works great with a Saturn pad. The saturn pad is almost as good as the ascii pad.

Eric C. Mylonas

Stunt Coordinator

Precisely what I was concerned about, *sigh*.

Thanks for the heads-up. Glad I have about a thousand Saturn pads and two DC joysticks laying about but I really would have liked for the ASCII pad to have worked :frowning:

WilliamZ

Agent
No problem - wish someone would of let me know in advance.

The good thing is that the Saturn Pad that I bought off of ebay works pretty well. Not sure if its the best saturn pad or not. The one that I got is black and resembles a Sega Genesis 6-button pad.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks