What's new

Pre-Order Mad Max 3: Beyond Thunderdome (1985) (4k UHD) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
7C0BCBE0-8F5B-463E-AE8E-5DF49DD8C193.jpeg

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
This entry gets a bad rap for some reason. I've always found enough to enjoy in Thunderdome despite the fact I don't like films that heavily feature pre-adolescent kids. The entertainment factor remains very high here despite the film's flaws and this should look quite nice in 4K.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I like it. It's the only one of the trilogy that I rewatch periodically. I also think it's the only one I was old enough to first see in the theater.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Is there a quality problem with this 4K disc?
None whatsoever. From the 4-disc set, only the first two films have issues. “Mad Max” is missing Dolby Vision despite the fact that the disc and packaging indicate that it should have it. “Road Warrior” has a 5.1 and 2.0 soundtracks that are downmixes of the new Atmos track instead of their original theatrical mixes. Warner has only acknowledged the issue with “Road Warrior.”

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
I wanted to ask, is there any way to buy this disc with the correct lossless original audio, without buying the boxset that includes the new Mad Max movie which I have no interest in?

SD_Brian

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
I wanted to ask, is there any way to buy this disc with the correct lossless original audio, without buying the boxset that includes the new Mad Max movie which I have no interest in?
You mean like the standalone release that is the subject of this thread? There is a link to purchase it at the top of the page.

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
You mean like the standalone release that is the subject of this thread? There is a link to purchase it at the top of the page.
That standalone has lossy original audio.
From what I know the 4K bluray that includes lossless original audio is included only in this bundle:

SD_Brian

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
That standalone has lossy original audio.
From what I know the 4K bluray that includes lossless original audio is included only in this bundle:

I hadn't heard there was any difference between the standalone disc and what's in the bundle. Seems weird if true, but stranger things have happened.

Kyle_D

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kyle Dickinson
The original standalone release had a remixed TrueHD Atmos track and a lossy 2.0 original audio track.

There was a replacement disc made available that reportedly added a lossless DTS-HD MA 2.0 original track, but I don't know whether stores ever replaced their inventory.

SD_Brian

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
There was a replacement disc made available that reportedly added a lossless DTS-HD MA 2.0 original track, but I don't know whether stores ever replaced their inventory.
I know they did a replacement disc for The Road Warrior, but if they did one for Beyond Thunderdome, it was very hush-hush: WB's statement about the audio issue at the time was that it only affected Mad Max 2 and there wasn't a problem with the BT discs. I can't find anything online about fixed Beyond Thunderdome discs.

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
The original standalone release had a remixed TrueHD Atmos track and a lossy 2.0 original audio track.

The updated disc is only included in the anthology, AFAIK.

Kyle_D

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kyle Dickinson
The updated disc is only included in the anthology, AFAIK.
I think that's right. The original Anthology contained a Thunderdome disc with the lossy 2.0 track, but the current Anthology includes the updated Thunderdome disc. You may have been able to get a replacement for Thunderdome if you purchased the original Anthology.

I don't think Warner ever formally offered a replacement for the standalone Thunderdome disc because they never advertised it as having a lossless 2.0 original track.

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
A separate "cine edition" comes in UK:

Is anyone here from the UK and is gonna buy this?
I was wondering if it will have the correct disc with the lossless original audio...

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
Sorry for bumping this thread, but I'm still curious about the UK cine edition. Has anyone bought it?
I wanted to be sure it's the correct disc, before paying the ebay prices I see.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robertlangestudios
Recent bookmarks