What's new

M. Night's "Signs" (1 Viewer)

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
Did anyone else catch the trailer for M. Night's new film coming out next year? It was one of many before Lord of the Rings and was my favorite of all of them. The film looks very interesting and having Mel Gibson and Joaquin Phoenix in it helps as well.

I am a big fan of M. Night's films and felt Unbreakable was a tremendous film (liked it more than Sixth Sense). He seems to have a great knack for storytelling and character development. Something that is missing from many filmmakers today. Hopefully this film is as interesting as his last two.

So is anyone else excited about this film?

-Dean-

David Ely

Supporting Actor
I'm definately looking forward to this film. No offence to Bruce Willis, but I'm glad he's not in this one :)
The only problem I can see with Signs is how the ending of the movie will be handled. Fortunately, I think this movie is in good hands.

Brad_W

Screenwriter
Unfortunately, I did not see this trailer before LOTR. Could someone tell me what the general premise is?

BrianShort

Supporting Actor
Given that it's M. Night Shyamalan and I really enjoyed The Sixth Sense and Unbreakable, I'll give it a chance, although I dont know how good of a topic crop circles really are for a movie.
And if you wanna check out a good crop circle website, go to http://www.circlemakers.org... A very good site that deals with crop circles as works of art (the site is made by a few of the worlds "foremost" circlemakers), and not the BS paranormal phenomonon the UFO community is going on about.
Brian

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
Looking forward to this one. Most of it was filmed at Deleware Valley College, which is exactly 5 miles away from my home. Neat!

I also work at UPenn, and our Franklin Field was featured in Unbreakable. Although the doors to the stadium are blue, not green.

Peter Kim

Screenwriter
I understand the film contains crop circles. But given it's an M. Night film, there's gotta be more than that. It cannot just be the mystery of how the crop circles came into existence? Any further elaboration?

Mike Graham

Supporting Actor
Ohh man, I downloaded the teaser a few days back and I have to say I am really really pumped for this movie! "The Sixth Sense" and "Unbreakable" were extremely well produced pieces, and seeing Shyamalan teamed up with another ex-action star (Gibson) is great; picking an odd topic like crop circles really adds to the mix. Definitely one of the most anticipated flicks next summer!

Mike Graham

Supporting Actor
Do you have QuickTime 5? Because I remember after upgrading to it to see the "Minority Report" trailer that after you upgraded you couldn't save movies anymore. Just a thought.

Mike St.Louis

Supporting Actor
Yeah, I have QT 5 Pro.

I have had it for a while and have been able to save other trailers. It must be an option that the author can disable the Save command.

I collect trailers and it bugs me when studios don't let you save them.

Stevan Lay

Second Unit
M. Night Shyamalan must have a thing for releasing movies in August - kinda like a lucky charm. Wasn't the Sixth Sense also an August (summer) release?
I'm heading over to HSX to purchase some stocks now ;)

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Mike - I echo your post totally! I think Shyamalan and Willis have been an excellent combo. Using Mel Gibson should prove interesting.

Shyamalan is shaping up to be a great director. At this stage it's still too early in his career to give him that label yet. He is one of my favourite directors.

Really looking forward to see what kind of a spin he puts on the crop circles mystery!

Marc Colella

Senior HTF Member
I enjoyed The Sixth Sense and Unbreakable and think that M. Night is a pretty decent director.
However, he seems to be too pre-occupied with stories that deal with the paranormal.
He also seems to be relying too heavily on the "surprise factor"... building a movie up for a big surprise in the end. I'm not positive that Signs will have a surprise ending, but it seems like it will.

Mike Graham

Supporting Actor
Truthfully, I hope Shymalan sticks to these supernatural kind of stores. I mean really, what's wrong to sticking to this kind of subject matter? Its the realism and alternative, quiet style he and his production crew bring to the screen that makes the pieces so successful.

BrianShort

Supporting Actor
This is the one reason I'm not too sure about this movie. I know there are a group of people out there that think they are paranormal, but to me they are all really impressive pieces of art created by some people that go out in the middle of the night with some rope and some boards. Hey! Maybe that will be the twist ending! Mel will think it's some wierd paranormal event, then at the very end he'll finally get the courage to go out into his field, and find it's just a bunch of crop circle artists! :D
Brian
Really looking forward to see what kind of a spin he puts on the crop circles mystery!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks