What's new

M*A*S*H TV series W*O*R*R*I*E*D (1 Viewer)

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
I'm worried that the first season of M*A*S*H on DVD will not be at the uncut, 25-minute broadcast length. There are eight episodes per disc, obviously dual-layer discs. The edited, 22-minute versions would easily fit on three discs.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
This is Fox we're talkign about. I wouldn't worry.

Are you sure that the 25 minute versions weren't the European cuts or something?

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
Matthew, you only have to look as far as the Stargate SG-1 first season disks. Some have 5-44 minute episodes on them.

Glenn

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Glenn, and those look barely passable in many places

Don't worry about it, there are plenty of DVDs with 200min on them. That's really the outside capacity limit perdisc, but it looks good to me.

Jeff Kleist

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
MASH was broadcast in the UK without a laugh track. I wonder which soundtrack they'll use.

They could do like Rhino did on Get a Life and have the laugh track optional...

Adam Tyner

Screenwriter
Wouldn't eight 25 minute episodes just total 3 1/3 hours? That should comfortably fit on a dual layer disc, wouldn't it?

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
A) The laugh track is optional on M*A*S*H
B) I, too, have faith in Fox. See: X-Files, Simpsons.
C) This trend of all the asterisks in the subjects for M*A*S*H topics will get really old really fast...and this is only the 2nd one I've seen! :thumbsdown:

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
I have faith in Fox as well, but thruth be told, the Simpsons episodes did have a lot of mosquito noise. Admittedly, this resulted from the source material and the unavoidable drawbacks of animation. I'm sure the future seasons will look better.

an Optional Lafftrack! WOW...imagine MARRIED WITH CHILDREN with an optional LT...
Sorry if you didn't mean this to be taken seriously... I doubt they would be able to do Married With Children without the laugh-track because it was taped in front of a studio audience. I think some of the sound from them would bleed in even if they didn't mix the separate audience mics in.

Dave Barth

Stunt Coordinator
If Fox nixed DTS on X-Men because it (okay, a certain he!) felt it compromised the video quality of the disc, I'm certain Fox'd nix the M*A*S*H set on 3 discs if it were overly compressed. And I'd be shocked if they released edited versions of the episodes - I think that would be an even bigger travesty than a slightly overcompressed, uncut M*A*S*H.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks