What's new

Lots of gear for sale: 5 channel amp, Denon reciever, laserdisc player, more (1 Viewer)

Andy_A

Second Unit
I'm shifting around the layout of my system, so I have a variety of gear up for sale. I will include shipping to the lower 48 states in the prices. I accept payment via paypal and I am on the good trader's list here at the forum. Everything is in perfect condition and includes all accessories, manuals, and remotes, except where otherwise noted. Pictures are available by request via e-mail (at bottom of this page)

1. Chiro C-500 THX Ultra 5 Channel power amp: This Amplifier is 140 X 5 and doubles into 4 ohms with 280 X 5. It will drive pretty much any speakers effortlessly. Detachable power cord, machined metal face, very attractive. I spoke with one of the designers of the metalwork on front and he said the metalwork alone cost around $250 per amp! In short, it is a great amp for music and movies. $625 shipped

2. Denon AVR-3200 Dolby Digital receiver: This is a great receiver and I will miss it very much. It has plenty of power at 80 watts X 5 channels along with 5 channel inputs (for outboard DTS decoder, dvd-audio, or SACD) and pre-outs for FR, FL, C, SW (no rear l and r pre-out, but it doesn't really matter). Also has an RF input (this unit is an rf demodulator for laserdiscs). Also has onscreen display. A superb receiver that would make for the centerpiece of a great system. $195 shipped

3. Pioneer DVL-919 laserdisc player: This is the last laserdisc player Pioneer made and consequently has some of the best video quality. I'd compare it easily to a cld-d704. The 919 has around 50-51 db video s/n ratio. Also has RF outs, s-video, and digital outs. Although these sell for $400 + normally, I'm selling this for much less because although it is a dvd/cd player, it only plays laserdiscs. The small discs get stuck and have to be retrieved from the inside. However, I've been using it as a great ld only player for three years. I guarantee it to play all laserdiscs perfectly. It could probably be easily fixed to play dvds, but I just don't have the desire (have a seperate dvd player) or know-how. $220 shipped

4. Monster Video 2--4 meter component video cable: new, used only 1 month: $40 shipped

5. Technics SH-AC500D DTS/DD decoder: This unit is great, can also be used as a stand alone preamp. It has five channel pass through and pre-outs for all channels. I do not have the remote for it, but all functions can be operated from the face. $135 shipped

6. Replay 5060: This unit is new as I only hooked it up once and went with a TIVO. $160 shipped

7. Quicksilver 8417 monoblock tube amplifiers: These amps sound great and drove my Polk LSI9s beatifully. They have a reputation as being some of the best tube amps ever produced and have the richest tone of any amp I have heard. They are 60 watts per channel and very powerful. Unfortunately they do not drive the uniquely capacitive load of my new electrostatic loudspeakers. However, they'll drive about any cone speaker with ease. $720 shipped

Thanks again for looking. Pics are available upon request via e-mail to (all one word, written out letters are actually numbers): tal eighty-eight at yahoo dot com.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks