What's new

Looks Like I got the "wrong" edition of Queen's ANATO DVD-A (1 Viewer)

Lewis Besze

Senior HTF Member
The recent article in the S&V points out that some of the copy's floating out there of this title,isn't the one that was intented to be released,at least by band member Brian May who has heard the 5.1 ch mix by Elliot Scheiner.So he got involved and turned in a bit of a different mix which is said to be different and arguably better then the "first batch".
The new version will say 2002 on the back under DTS entertainment,and has a black "spine" if you look the cover from the front.
The old has blue spine,and will say 2001 on the back cover.
I don't have to tell you, that I'm a bit pissed that now possibly I have to replace[rebuy]it,however this would give me a chance to make my own comparison as well.
For more info, see the article in the current S&V.

Micahel C

Stunt Coordinator
The new version will say 2002 on the back under DTS entertainment,and has a black "spine" if you look the cover from the front. The old has blue spine,and will say 2001 on the back cover.
Sorry, but this is not necessarly true. When this topic first came up some time back right after the commercial release of the disc, there were a number of posts on this and several other forums and websites where it was reported that some of the new version discs were showing up in the original version packaging. Apparently DTS Entertainment wasn't about to waste all of the printed inserts that they had made for the original release date of the discs prior to sending it back to the studio for remixing. The only actual way to tell which version you have is by the copyright date on the disc itself. 2001= old version, 2002= new version. Unfortunately, most retailers are not going to let you open it to find out.

Lewis Besze

Senior HTF Member
Cool then mine is the new one, it says on the disc 2002.
Thanks for the info!
Looks like Ken Richardson needs another slap on the face,one for the review, and for this.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
A store I went to in New Jersey when the Queen disc first came out got in both versions of the packaging. My copy has the light blue insert and a 2001 copyright date on the package. The disc has a 2002 copyright date. If there are discs out there with a 2001 copyright date and a different mix, perhaps they will be worth something someday, as there probably aren't too many out there.

Micahel C

Stunt Coordinator
Keith, I can't remember which site originally broke the news, but I remember they said that the original version in the original packaging had made it to retail through one large Canadian distributor. Other than ebay (folks selling the CES freebie), this seemed to be the only place where the original showed up. Since then, I haven't heard of anyone getting the old version through retail, or at least, nobody has come forward to report it.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Micahel, thanks for the info. Interesting. Sounds like one of those situations where a few cases of the old version slipped out the back door of the warehouse before they could be destroyed. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks