What's new

Looking for good work-out music (1 Viewer)

Jon_Are

Senior HTF Member
I finally got a portable MP3 player to accompany me while working out. Now that I'm starting to load some tunes, I've surprised myself at how difficult it is to choose the appropriate music.

What do you all enjoy working out to? I'm looking for suggestions along the lines of AC/DC (You Shook Me All Night Long), The Who (Won't Get Fooled Again), ZZ Top (La Grange), The Stones (Gimme Shelter), etc.

Jon

Jon Sheedy

Stunt Coordinator

HAHA...welcome to my nightmare! ;)

Seriously, nearly every morning for the last three years, I wake up at least 45 minutes early to load my player before heading to the gym. I've ripped nearly all my CD's to MP3 and have a HUGE selection facing me every morning. I've listen to just about everything.

I used to try to load songs to match my workout, I mean i'd really work at it...still do to a degree, but I find myself loading much of the same stuff over and over. I also have often loaded a CD tracklist that I never got into much on CD..just to see if I can listen to it a couple of mornings and get in to more...it's worked many times.

The one suggestion I can make is to load a consecutive chunk of tunes with a good pounding beat to use during the cardio session and then whatever songs you really love for the rest of the workout(of course do the cardio last if you're going to weight train also)...the more you like a song the more you're likely to hit it hard...used to think it had to be HARD stuff to weight train to(and it does help if you're having an especially hard time motivating)...now I often find myself hitting it just as hard listening to stuff that you wouldn't think would be so conducive (Tull, Yes, Neil Young, Van Morrison, Genesis, Beatles, Bob Marley,etc) as I do with the more obvious(at least for me) stuff (Iron Maiden, AC/DC, Zep, BOC, Skynyrd, Thin Lizzy, Rush). On Mondays (leg day) I do load up pretty much all hard rock though.

It's worked for me....lost 40lbs, gained mucho muscle and hover at around 12-14% bodyfat...but after trying out various stuff, you'll find what works best for you.

Good luck....& PLAY IT LOUD!:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks