What's new

Looking for a new recivcer (1 Viewer)

Lyden

Stunt Coordinator
Hi

well im looking for a new reciver (still) in the price range of say $300 .. i have some ive looked at im open for other recomendations .. well heres my list. please I'll accept all advice on this but i cant spend more then $300+ tax.

Pioneer VSX-D812K

Kenwood VR 707

Sony STRDE695

Onkyo TXSR501

Panasonic SAHE100K

JVC RX7030VBK

And also an amp to just add to the mains on my current reciver but my reciver is getting touchy .. it randomly ajusts its own volume or tunrs it self off and on or the sound just cuts out ... but i could add this amp if any of you think my reciver is worth keeping at this point. Onkyo Power Amp ONK M282.

Thank you all in advance. btw i own a pioneer 810s whos sound i love but... i listen to alot of music real loud and i have noticed it sort of sounds like crap after about 4-5 hours or maybe its just my ears.

david*mt

Second Unit
You might want to look at the Yamaha HTR-5650. Its in your price range and should be good receiver. I have the HTR-5560 and could not be happier with it. If you can spend a little more, about $330, you can get the HTR-5660.

ChrisLazarko

Supporting Actor
Avoid the Sony at all costs... I would have to recommend Harman/Kardon and Yamaha. The Yamaha is a nice piece and the Harman/Kardon AVR-125 is awesome. I think HK makes some of the best recievers for the money in my opinion, especially the low-mid end. You could probably find the AVR-125 refurb for about $300 or new for about $350 or so....

Not to mention a beautiful from display and will give me "real" watts than most other units. I say the word real because on paper they usually write 100watts x5 channels and that usually isn't true. In reality most units will deliver half that power, or even less when driving all 5 speakers...

Hope this helps.

Joe Thompson

Stunt Coordinator
You might look into the Denon AVR-883, it is actually the AVR-1803.....Ecost has it for $251.02 refurbished, a hell of a deal for a Denon that has anice sound & is very flexible...

I guess I cant post hyperlinks, I am too new or something....

try: www dot ecost dot com

Steve_L_B

Stunt Coordinator
I've seen the Pioneer VSX-D912K listed a couple of times for about $300. It's similar to the 812K but has the MCACC auto configuration feature. It's worth looking into.

-Steve

Lyden

Stunt Coordinator
hmm... well the pioneer has heads up cuz its got everything i want on it. but is there anyhting else out tehre like the pioneer for that price?

Dom P.

Stunt Coordinator
I just ordered a pioneer 812.

Check out www.mwebinc.com they have they for around $210 + shipping.. also check out their ebay store for a wider selection.

I ordered the Silver model throuh their ebay store... it was ~$240 including shipping and insurance.

:emoji_thumbsup: :D

Lyden

Stunt Coordinator
i hoped into CC to check out what they have and listend to the Onkyo 501 ... i dident know it has 6.1 just about everything my 810 has just its rated at 65 watts ... i like my music loud i think its underpowerd for that. well anyways i think i might get it even though it doesnt have pre outs ofr all chanels .. i was really looking for 6.1 support. if i may ask could i have thoughts on this reciver from anyone whos owned it befor please? ( i do know its this years modle but i believe its the same as the 500)

ChrisLazarko

Supporting Actor
Even though an amp may say it does deliver say 100w per channel x5 channels it isn't always true. For most lower-end recievers the truth is that they can't really reach that. For example, a Sony reciever could be rated at 100W x5 channels but that is on paper, in reality it might deliver something more like 40W x5 and it isn't even high current!

Look at a used Harman/Kardon or a higher end Yammy I think you will be more impressed with those two in the refurbished $300 price range.

Kenneth Harden

Screenwriter
I have the Sony STR-DE675 (bought it in 2000 IIRC) and though it has never failed me, and it is hi-quality (it is, really), but the sound leaves something to be desired.

It would be an AWESOME receiver for a second system, but not something for a audio freak.

I am currently looking into buying a Harman Kardon AVR 525 to replace the Sony.

http://www.harmankardon.com/online_retailers.asp

Go to that link and look at the different stores, you can get some of the stuff REALLY REALLY cheap, like 50% off MSRP, and most of it is NEW and those dealers are AUTHORIZED, so your warranty is the same as if you bought it from Circuit City or a audio shop.

Basically, a $400, 500 receiver can be had for $300 online.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks