What's new

Looking for a convergence template for a 42h81 (1 Viewer)

SteveA

Supporting Actor
Grids for most Toshiba's can be ordered from the following print shop (as recommended on the boards over at hometheaterspot.com):
AEC Print Shop
201 Center Park Drive
Suite 1150
Knoxville, TN 37922
Phone: 865-966-9600
Fax: 865-966-7216
E-mail: [email protected]
Ask for Lisa when you call. I recently got the 50H81 grid for $48 and it worked out very well for me.

StephenMSmith

Stunt Coordinator
One of the problems w/using a grid w/line spacing as derived from the service manual is that your stuck w/5% overscan even though you can do better.

Does this print shop make grids to custom specs?

Steve

Grady Hollums

Second Unit
Real Name
D.G. Hollums
That is where I got my convergence grid for my 50HX81,but I am sure that they can do custom grids, but you must give them a print out of what you want or something like that. Just ask Lisa what program they use for there print shop and I am sure they would be more than happy to assist you.

SteveA

Supporting Actor
One of the problems w/using a grid w/line spacing as derived from the service manual is that your stuck w/5% overscan even though you can do better.
Using the 50H81 grid from AEC Print Shop, which was created using the service manual specs, I ended up with about 4% overscan on the sides and 3% on the top and bottom.

Jason_H

Second Unit
This might be a dumb question, but are there different grids for the different stretch modes? That is, would you actually have to create one grid for Full, and one each for TW1, TW2, and TW3?

SteveA

Supporting Actor
This might be a dumb question, but are there different grids for the different stretch modes?
Excellent question! On the newest batch of Toshibas (42H81, 50H81, 50HX81, 57H81, etc.), you only need to do convergence/geometry adjustments in "full" mode and all other modes are automatically adjusted accordingly. I believe (although I'm not 100% certain) that earlier models require you to adjust each mode individually.

Jason_H

Second Unit
Yeah, I have the earlier model, the 56H80, so I guess I would fall into this category for having to do each mode (and so having to have a separate grid for each of them :frowning:).
By the way, what are these grids made out of?

SteveA

Supporting Actor
"The grids are created on Mylar material using an HP 5000 plotter that is accurate to 0.2% over the total plot area." - straight from the sheet that came with my grid!

SteveBjr

Stunt Coordinator
Talked to Lisa today and my template will be mailed out tomorrow, the template for the 42h81 cost me $40 shipped. I'll let you know how well it works when i get it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks