What's new

Loewe Aconda opinions/thoughts? (1 Viewer)

Stephen_Dar

Stunt Coordinator
After searching the forums for info on this 38" 16:9 tube set, I've found general references to the set having a great quality picture, some potential difficulties with evenness of brightness in the tube and susceptibility to stray magnetic fields, and some concerns about reliability (very BMW-like, actually - great engineering, but not necessarily the best reliability). That's about it. The magazines generally love it. In other words, opinion seems very positive with the only caveats being some potential reliability problems, particularly for the very anal who check the test patterns for evidence of any bend in the scan lines, etc.

I'm on the verge of buying one of these. After all the research of the past 6 months, I'm ready to give up completely on all the fixed pixel displays until they introduce some around 2008 that are not obvious stop gap products (ie, current models have less than 1920 x 1080 resolution, analog circuit paths forcing an extra analog step into a digital DVD player output path, and the famous "burn in" problems and poor contrast/weak black levels, etc) and are available at a reasonable price (under $3k - not that much to ask, it is just a TV, afterall!).

So, if anyone has anything to add about these Aconda 38"
sets here in August 04, I'd be very appreciative.

SimiA

Second Unit
Other than it uses the RCA tube, I think the Germans have come up with a winner here.
Nothing but raves in the reviews I've seen.
I'd get an extended warranty, just in case.
Vb

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks