What's new

Link Trans data (1 Viewer)

Dan Wesnor

Second Unit

Ignore above 80Hz.
Shiva in 14" (external) cube, 15" baffle, 0.75" other walls, no bracing, heavy stuffing. LT tuning is F3=33Hz, Q=0.707.
Note that with room gain, it's flat to 20Hz.

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
Nice. How far down is it at 20Hz anechoically with the LT as predicted by the spreadsheet? That is, how much of the 9dB gain I see @ 20Hz is provided by the circuit and how much by the room? I'll bet the sound is tremendous.

Ben Ven

Stunt Coordinator
Dan,

I was just on your website. Nice work!
Anyway, do you prefer the sound of your LT'ed Shiva or your Stryke SB10? I am interested because I have just had to cut down the size of my Shiva's box due to WAF. It looks like the SB10 gets down to 20 Hz, in room, without LT. I only have 250 W on tap so I don't know if I could make the LT'd Shiva really sing or not. For that matter even the SB10 in such a small box.
Thanks in advance.

Dan Wesnor

Second Unit
The Shiva is capable of much more output than the SB10. To put it simply, "Lord of the Rings" split the surround on the SB10 at normal listening volumes (only movie I've had problems with using that sub).

I think the SB-10 is a better driver, but you really need 2 of them. Considering that when Stryke sells out thier current stock, the price will double, it's hard to recommend it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks