What's new

Line level audio from cable box (1 Viewer)

reng

Auditioning
I'm hoping someone can help me out here. I have a Denon receiver connected to a dvd/cd, vcr, and Scientific Atlanta 4200hd cable box. I have the tape out connected to a separate amp that powers a pair of outdoor Russound OB6.1 speakers. Audio from the CD, and tuner sounds great. However, the audio from the SA4200hd box is horrible. It's way to low. Using an SPL I register a 10dB drop in volume. I changed the audio out setting of the cable box to varible and max'd it out. Still no good. Has anyone had any experience with a line level amplifier of any sort? Or does anyone have a solution for me? Thanks.

reng

Auditioning
Thanks much for the response. I'm using the TV/DBS input for the cable box (Denon avr2801) and the CDR/Tape out to feed the other amp (80wpc).

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Interesting problem there, reng. I asked just to make sure you weren’t using the Phono input or something like that.

With the TV/DBS input there’s really no reason it shouldn’t work. I’d say try another input on the Denon; if the results are the same, then you have to assume the cable box has a problem. If that’s the case have the cable company bring you another one.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks