What's new

LG releases the new 2023 Signature Series M3 Wireless OLED TVs (1 Viewer)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I don’t understand why this wireless tech isn’t being sold with projectors. I don’t know the use case for TVs. But for projectors, it solves the expensive and/or ugly HDMI routing problem.

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
We ^ agree!

Unrelated, but wanted to share; I just got confirmation from LG on the M3's Zero Connect box:

The Included Zero Connect Wireless Box generates its own encrypted 60Ghz carrier to ensure the most reliable RF connection. Because it can be placed away from the TV, the Zero Connect box helps to create a cleaner, distraction-free viewing environment and gives users greater freedom to arrange their space.

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I'm watching that, see all the wiring work they're doing, drywall work, installing a giganto interface box -- when a $20 HDMI cable could have been tossed into the mix as they're doing it and I don't know why this is a "wireless" TV. The wireless "solution" is more complex and difficult (and time consuming == $$ with a custom installer) than HDMI cables.

This solution makes no sense to me for a TV. :)

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
The benefit of the M3's wireless Zero Connect box is when your A/V equipment is located where it would not be easy to get the HDMI and other wires from the TV.
Also the M3 this customer purchased is the 97" and the only other 97"OLED TV is LG's carryover G2. The 97" M3 has LG Display's new 2023 OLED module that is 10% brighter and more energy efficient and also has LG electronics'c new a9 Gen 6 processor with several nice upgrades.
We just started a sale on LG's G3 in the 83" and 77".

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks