What's new

Lexicon, Faroudja, Pioneer Elite etc. for sale (1 Viewer)

Graham Jackson

Auditioning
I am leaving the country shortly.I live in Stuart, Florida and need to sell all my system components to Florida-based buyer(s) who can pick up purchased items at my home.
All items are 1999 or 2000 manufacture and very lightly used.Here is what I have for sale:
(1) Pioneer Elite PRO-700HD 64" rear projection monitor receiver (cost $7000) - asking $1000
(2)Faroudja DVP2200 digital video processor (cost $7000) - asking $2000
(3)Lexicon MC-1 digital controller (cost $5000) - asking $1500
(4)Pioneer Elite DV-09 DVD player - asking $400
(5)Sony SLV-R1000 video cassette recorder (the best vcr available) - asking $250
(6)Sony MDR-DS5000 digital surround headphone system with 2 pairs of headphones - asking $150
(7)Pair of Bang & Olufsen Beolab 8000 speakers - asking $1200 for the pair
(8)Bang & Olufsen Beosound 9000 music entertainment system with vertical stand - asking $1200
Interested parties may email me at [email protected]

Graham Jackson

Auditioning
Nothing wrong with the 700. I priced it attractively because I want it to sell and bearing in mind that buyer would have to be able to move a very heavy unit from my place to his.

Graham Jackson

Auditioning
I have received a very large number of emails on the subject in my original posting on this thread. I apologize for simply having no time to reply in detail at this time.

I now realize that the wording of my original posting may have been unintentionally misleading, for which I also apologize.

I know that all the asking prices in the original posting are considerably, and in the case of the PRO700 ridiculously, less than knowledgeable people would expect. This was for a particular reason which I now see was not made clear.

I stress that all of the equipment is in good condition and full working order. The very low prices are because I was looking for a purchaser in my area of the country who would be prepared to buy all of the items as a single package, pick them up at my home after being satisfied everything is in good condition and pay me either in cash or cashier's cheque.

Unfortunately I am completely unknowledgeable about the mechanics of buying and selling used equipment on the net, I never done either before. If an item were shipped, how would I know that I would receive payment? Equally, how would the purchaser be assured that the item is OK?

My thinking was that it would be impractical to sell anything without the purchaser seeing the equipment and me demonstrating that it is OK. Thus, how could I sell for example the PRO700 first and still be able to demonstrate that the other video equipment is in good order? Practical advice to someone as naive as me on these issues would be appreciated.

So far my "ideal purchaser" of the whole package has not contacted me. If I have to sell items individually, I am afraid that I could not stick to the very low prices and I would have to re-think what is fair market price for each item and how the shipping and payment would be made. I do not see how the PRO700 could be shipped - it is huge and very heavy.

Also I should note that I do not have any original packaging anymore - it was disposed of by my now ex-wife when I was'nt looking. I do however have all the original manuals.

Once again I apologize for being a dumb rookie in this area and for being unable to reply in detail to the many people who have emailed me.I still want to sell the equipment and would welcome any advice with regard to the normal procedure for selling,shipping and ensuring receipt of payment for individually.

Also, I do not know whether it would be permitted by the moderator to post revised ask prices for single item sale and shipment.

Dan Brodin

Stunt Coordinator
So far my "ideal purchaser" of the whole package has not contacted me. If I have to sell items individually, I am afraid that I could not stick to the very low prices and I would have to re-think what is fair market price for each item and how the shipping and payment would be made. I do not see how the PRO700 could be shipped - it is huge and very heavy.
Well if you don't find your idea purchaser you will have no problem selling all the original items in no time at all. Of course it is to be expected the prices will rise now with shipping and such. I for one would be more than willing to pay the additional amount to have UPS or whoever come to your house crate up the TV and ship it. Assuming the price doesn't double or triple prior to you adding the shipping costs. It is easy to figure the shipping amount out. Just call UPS and tell them the dimensions of the set and the weight and ask what it would cost to ship the item from your zipcode to the recipients (hopefully me:)) zipcode. Tell them you will need a pickup and explain the situation. For the TV you would obviously need them to bring some sort of crate for it. Once they provide you with a quote pass that on to the buyer for final approval. Then the buyer sends ya payment though either MO or Paypal and once payment received, call up UPS to do the pickup dropoff. They might even offer an option to chage the receiver that way you wouldn't even have to deal with paying them. This would not be worth it for the smaller items, but definately worth it for the TV. I don't believe there is any item that "can't" be shipped it is just a matter of what someone is willing to pay. Personally I would be willing to eat just about any cost to get that HDset, but maybe thats just me.

Marc S Kessler

Stunt Coordinator
FYI- UPS will not ship anything that large and/or heavy. You'll need to go with a common carrier. Better yet, I shipped some furniture (heavy antique 2 chairs and a sofa)cross country a couple of years ago and had Mail Boxes,Etc do it for a little over $600. including crating. The only thing is you may have to drop it off there and being the owner of the same TV that's easier said than done.

Dan Brodin

Stunt Coordinator
FYI- UPS will not ship anything that large and/or heavy. You'll need to go with a common carrier. Better yet, I shipped some furniture (heavy antique 2 chairs and a sofa)cross country a couple of years ago and had Mail Boxes,Etc do it for a little over $600. including crating. The only thing is you may have to drop it off there and being the owner of the same TV that's easier said than done.
Damn!! Really UPS won't ship items that large? Hmm thats surprising to hear. I have shipped some large items in the past and just figured size wasn't an issue. Ah well I stand corrected. Sorry for the misinfomation Graham. Ah well this has got me interested I am gonna investigate what common carriers are out there that would pickup the TV from Graham, crate it up, and ship it to the reciever.

-Dan

Graham Jackson

Auditioning
Apologies to everyone who has emailed me who has not received a reply.I am still absolutely swamped with scores of unanswered emails. All I can do now with very little available is to use this post as a general reply to everyone.

I am at an advanced stage of discussion with someone who is prepared to buy all equipment as a single package and pick up at my home. This is by far my preferred course of action.

If this does not work out and I decide to sell items separately, I will email everyone who has emailed me about buying individual items.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks