Martin Dew

HTF News Editor
Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Real Name
Martin Dew
Title: Les Misérables: The Staged Concert

Genre: Music

Cast: Alfie Boe, Michael Ball, Carrie Hope Fletcher, Matt Lucas, Rob Houchen, Bradley Jaden, Katy Secombe, Shan Ako, Lily Kerhoas, Rosanna Bates, Adam Bayjou, Ciaran Bowling, Simon Bowman, Oliver Brenin, Earl Carpenter, Vinny Coyle, Samantha Dorsey, Tamsin Dowsett, Nicola Espallardo, Celia Graham, Barnaby Hughes, Holly-Anne Hull, Oliver Jackson, Christopher Jacobsen, Will Jennings, Ciaran Joyce, Katie Kerr, Sarah Lark, Joanna Loxton, Craig Mather, Stephen Matthews, James Nicholson, Rosa O'Reilly, Claire Parrish, Sophie Reeves, Grainne Renihan, Leo Roberts, Raymond Walsh, Gemma Wardle, Andrew Yorke, Gavin James

Release: 2019-12-02

Runtime: 180

Plot: Seen by over 120 million people worldwide, Les Misérables is undisputedly one of the world’s most popular musicals. Coinciding with its 35th triumphant year in London’s West End, Cameron Mackintosh produced a spectacular sold-out staged concert version at the Gielgud Theatre featuring an all-star cast including Michael Ball, Alfie Boe, Carrie Hope Fletcher, Matt Lucas, and John Owen Jones. Featuring a cast and orchestra of over 65 and including the songs "I Dreamed A Dream," "Bring Him Home," "One Day More," and "On My Own," this sensational staged concert is not to be missed.

Martin Dew submitted a new blog post

Les Misérables staged concert coming to US cinemas for one night
Les-Miserables-Concert-Company-Photograph-Matt-Murphy-1024x683.jpg

Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

Chris Will

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris WIlliams
This is probably my favorite musical but, honestly, I've never been a fan of watching these staged concerts. I love listening to the music and I even enjoy the soundtrack albums from these concerts. With that said, If I'm actually watching it, I want to see all the acting, sets and choreography that goes with the show. Not just people standing in front of microphones and doing a little acting. I'd gladly pay Broadway ticket prices to see a live broadcast of the actual stage show.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I haven't been able to find a booking around here. If it gets one, I'm in.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
The website www.lesmisconcert.com has been updated to say that the concert (being filmed December 2) will be in North American cinemas on December 8 and 11. So we will not be seeing it live streamed as the UK will be, but played back after the fact.

It still only has a signup to be notified when tickets are on sale, so it doesn't appear they've finalized any bookings yet.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
That would be logical, but I guess that's all going live Friday. If I find out anything before then, I'll post it.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I was surprised because I wasn't expecting them to go on sale until tomorrow, but both Cinemark and Fandango have a listing up and tickets are on sale now.

The website for the concert itself has not yet been updated, but I just bought my ticket, so I know it's happening.

The two showtimes are 11:30am on Sunday, December 8 at 11:30am and Wednesday, December 11 at 7:00pm. All theaters in my area are sticking to these times, so I initially thought maybe these were consistent throughout the country, although a friend of mine in Palm Springs reports that his theater has scheduled the December 8 show for 1:00. It is being priced as a special event, with my theater pricing tickets at $15.

I bought mine for the Sunday show. 11:30 is a bit earlier than I would normally like, but I'll do it.

If you buy your tickets on Fandango, make sure you're on the page that is listed as Les Miserables: The Staged Concert. There is also a separate listing for Les Miserables (2019), but that is an unrelated French movie that Amazon Studios will release later in the year which has nothing to do with this.

Last edited:

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Staged or concert? I think concert refers to the singers, wearing costumes, but stepping up to the microphone and singing. Is staged the same thing?

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
It means that there will be minimal staging but they won't have all the blocking and scenic elements of the fully-produced show. This was designed as a limited run to keep Les Miserables running in London while the theatre where it is normally housed undergoes a much-needed renovation, so they moved over to another theatre in concert format for a few months while their normal home is getting refurbished. They'll reopen at the newly refurbished Sondheim Theatre later in December, and it will be a fully staged production again there.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Here's a featurette on The Staged Concert from back in August when the show was in its initial rehearsals.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks