What's new

Kudos to Best Buy re: selection (1 Viewer)

Jeff Reis

Stunt Coordinator
I have to give credit to Best Buy--they have vastly improved their DVD selection of late. When a store opened in my area about 6 months ago, I was continually disappointed in the lack of more eclectic DVD titles, and even some not-so-eclectic. I even sent their CS an email complaining about it. I doubt my email made the difference, but I'm really pleased to see that they're now carrying nearly all of the MGM Midnight Movies titles (at a mere 9.99), obscure horror like Flesh and the Fiends, Blood Suckers/Blood Thirst, now all of the Madacy budget horror double features (at 7.99), Basket Case SE--the list is pretty large--mainly lots more Anchor Bay, Image, and MGM which is sooo welcome now that I order online less than I used to. They also have a lot more Criterions, at great prices (Spartacus 34.99, Hidden Fortress 19.99). Also spotted Wicker Man (non LE) for only 12.99.
They still don't carry all the Universal Hitchcocks, which is puzzling, and for some reason they have the new Universal double feature classic monster flicks at list price of 29.99. But they've made great improvements, and I just thought it was worth pointing out. Now, about having 10 checkout lanes and only 2 open at any given time....
rolleyes.gif

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
The staff at my local BB was in the process of expanding their dvd selection while I was shopping there today. Nice to see it...
------------------
sgon.jpg

"Death's at the bottom of everything, Martins - leave death to the professionals!"
"Mind if I use that line in my next Western?"

BrandonG

Agent
I work for Best Buy and I try very hard to keep Criterion DVD's and such in stock at my store. It also helps that we sell a ton of dvd's so the buyers are more willing to honor requests for more product. If you don't see a title on the shelf, ask someone to look it up in the system and see if BB carries it in the stores, and if we do, ask them to request more product. I have noticed in the past few months that BB has expanded its selection of Criterion dvd's 10 fold and we continue to get new titles in every week. Just this past month, BB went to 80% dvd, 20% vhs selection and I will scream with joy when we finally discontinued all VHS, just like we did with tapes 2 years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks