What's new

Kojak season 2 (1 Viewer)

70sTVlover

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Nick
Hi - There is a release date set over on play.com for Kojak the complete season 2, it's due for release on something like the 26/12/2006, now the date has been pushed back twice, does this mean anything I mean like it's unlikely it'll be released due to 2 pushbacks, I mean Universal don't have any news so they must have got their information from somewhere... It's not a bootleg either because Play is a really good site, very popular in the UK.

peggy

Stunt Coordinator
I keep waiting for it to be released and get discouraged everytime they change the date so I am thinking it probably isn't going to ever come out but I can still hope.

Does anyone know if play.com ships to the US?

Jeff#

Screenwriter
I don't care about UK releases. I live in the United States, and I don't have (or want) a multi-standard player. When anyone finds out about a definite U.S. release, please post about it here.

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
Not wanting a multi-region player in this day and age, if at all possible, is just silly IMHO. So much stuff is not released in R1, I couldn't live without mine.

Jeff#

Screenwriter
It isn't silly at all. I don't travel outside the country, and I do all my TV watching here. There's no reason for me to buy a non-U.S. player or non-U.S. discs. :) Whether KOJAK or anything else gets released overseas first, since it's an American series to begin with eventually it will be sold here. The first season was, so it's only a matter of time for Season 2.

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
Well, let's hope so.:) But Universal are notoriously slow with their crime releases, unless it's big sellers like "Columbo" or "Murder, She Wrote". I can't for the life of me understand, what's keeping "Kojak", "Quincy", etc. from continuing. They should realize, not everything necessarily sells a million copies, just like every film doesn't and they still get released. They need to change their policy on this, and lower their expectations for certain shows. Btw, most UK shops ship to the US. ;)

70sTVlover

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Nick

Amen to that, and Jeff there's a world out there sure the US of A is great but so are other countries... I live in the UK bought myself a multi region player and it has served me 100% with out a doubt. Not everything as you know gets released on R1 usually its the other way around but it's a shame to miss out on it especially if it's a good show like Kojak, so yanno it's your loss...

peggy

Stunt Coordinator
Well I am interested in it whether it is a US release (which I would prefer) or released elsewhere. That is why I responded to this post. I appreciate hearing if it gets released anywhere. I don't agree that if it gets released in the UK that it will get released here eventually, a lot of things don't and since it has been a while I doubt Kojak will get released here.

michael_ks

Screenwriter

I think most of us feel this way, actually. I doubt that "Honey West" will be released in the US and I'm certain that A&E has permanently abandoned "The Saint". No way would a distributer in the US release "Man in A Suitcase" starring AMERICAN actor Richard Bradford.

JeffWld

Stunt Coordinator

That's a fairly provincial and limiting attitude coming from someone who claimed in another post: "I'm serious about the hobby (which is why I've collected more than 30 TV series on hundreds of discs -- most of which I bought pre-recorded)".

Jeff#

Screenwriter
I wouldn't be missing out on KOJAK, since I've seen the entire series in reruns years ago. :) But I still believe that if the 2nd season comes out in the UK, it will here too. In fact, it's more likely to be released here first.

Jeff#

Screenwriter
How can you be certain that A & E abandoned The Saint? Just because it's been over a year since the black & white shows came out isn't reason enough to assume they won't get around to releasing the rest.

As for Man in a Suitcase, I've never seen it and neither have most people. There isn't much (if any) demand for a little-known, short-lived TV series with a mostly unknown actor (Richard Bradford).

Jeff#

Screenwriter
And I've been consistent in my statements. I am serious but I'm not going out of my way to get KOJAK. Sometimes I wait a few months before I buy the next COLUMBO or Rockford Files release. I can't buy everything I want at the same time, and there is no hurry because I know those shows will continue to be on the market. I love those old series from watching them on TV over the years, and for those that I want to collect I will buy them all (including the ones I listed in this post) A noteable exception is WISEGUY -- another great crime series, apparently abandoned by Studio Works because of problems in acquiring music rights combined with decreasing sales volumes. They promised the entire series, but so far have only delivered half of them.

michael_ks

Screenwriter

Actually, A&E released the two box sets for "The Saint: The Early Years" nearly three years ago. I purchased them in the 1st quarter of 2004.

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
But that doesn't mean you shouldn't take a chance on it, I buy lots of old UK/US series I've never seen and rarely do I find a dud. This particular 1967-68 series has a big cult following around the globe, and many famous guest stars, like Donald Sutherland (twice) and Edward Fox. Short-lived or little-known doesn't necessarily mean bad, y'know. ;)

michael_ks

Screenwriter

I took a chance on "Man in a Suitcase" based on the heaps of praise this series has received by its many, many ardent fans. I shelled out alot for the Australian set and I wasn't sorry when I finally got to see it after all these years. This is easily one of the greatest dramas ever made and it mystifies me that it lasted only one season. To me, one of the great bonuses in getting overseas sets is the lavish care with the packaging, the extras, etc. The MIAS set is the best set I own on that basis alone.

Michael Alden

Supporting Actor

Whatever works for you. Meanwhile I am quite happy to have my Koss DVD player that I bought for under $50 and hacked the region code, allowing me to enjoy Ally McBeal, Bionic Woman, Six Million Dollar Man, complete run of The Saint, The Champions, Man in a Suitcase, The Baron, Strange Report, The Persuaders, The Protectors, The Adventurer, Skippy the Bush Kangaroo and many more shows that haven't yet or never will come out in the US. All people I know who are "legitimately" serious about the hobby follow in this fashion. But you go ahead and keep waiting for your American releases on everything. Let me know how that works out for you.

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
Mark Twain
US humorist, novelist, short story author, & wit (1835 - 1910)

Jeff#

Screenwriter
Again with the personal jibes! You just never give up, Michael.... I really don't care whom or what other people you know do. If I wanted a multi-region player, I would have purchased one a long time ago.

I have almost 1000 discs in my collection and 90% of that include a few dozen of my favorite TV series. There's no question that I'm serious about collecting. But anyone who thinks it's necessary to build up a VHS collection of 20,000 tapes either runs a video store that needs to get rid of VHS in favor or DVD or simply has too much time on his / her hands. :)

Michael Alden

Supporting Actor

First off, "Mr. Television", if you spent less time commenting on every single thread on this forum and actually read some of them you might have gotten it through your head that you don't need a multi-region player. You can buy a no name brand at Crapmart or some such place and take out the region code yourself by hitting a couple of buttons.

As for the size of my collection, it increased to it's current size due to the death of a friend whose collection I inherited. And I'm sorry that people who are far more prolific in this hobby than yourself is somehow offensive to you.

Jeff#

Screenwriter
3. Oh, so those 20,000 tapes are yours.... Sorry for the loss of your friend. And no, I'm not offended by you or anyone having a large VHS collection. I wouldn't keep that many tapes if I had room for them. After I recorded the entire Hawaii Five-O series off-air on 71 VHS tapes, I wasn't going to ship them across the country when I moved out of state 4 years ago. I don't use tape anymore.

4. Milton Berle was "Mr. Television". You should know better, Michael. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks