What's new

Klipsch RF-3's for under $250 (1 Viewer)

DanaA

Screenwriter
For any of you Klipsch fans, I just received www.soundcity.com's latest sales mailer and on page 32, it has the RF-3's on sale for $249 and on page 35, it lists the RB-5's at $375. I guess it might be because the series II for each is now out, but, still, if you can't resist a bargain. I have no connection with this company at all, but I thought that a bargain is a bargain and this might save money for someone on the hunt.

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the heads-up. I've heard good things about those, and the extremely high efficiency is a very good thing.

I couldn't get the .pdf files for the catalog to display properly, though, are there matching surrounds/center listed?

DanaA

Screenwriter
You're welcome. On page 34 of the catalog, they have the RC-3 center channel listed for $330 (I'm not sure of the savings here). On page 33, they list the KSW-10 and KSW-12 for $349 and $449 respectively. I don't think that the sub needs to match up with the speakers like the center channel, so I would check companies such as Adire, Hsu, and the SVS before buying the Klipsch. Posts on this board are extremely positive for those three companies. I have a Hsu on order right now to try out.

Regards

MartyK

Agent
Jack,

The matching surround is the RS-3. I have the RF-3, RS-3, and RC-3 and just love them.

Marty

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
Thanks, Dana. I'd agree about the sub (got that covered), that's why I was just interested in a center or surrounds.

Thanks for the input, Marty.

Matt Malto

Stunt Coordinator
Could you scan the ad with the Klipsch RF-3's at $249 and either post it or e-mail it to me?

DanaA

Screenwriter
Matt and Jack,

I tried to scan, but it didn't take on my very old scanner. I might try again later, but probably without success. As far as an end date for the sale, there isn't one listed, but I received the catalog only two days ago. I'd try calling them at 1-800-432-0007. I'd say that the catalog is listed as the Fall '01 and mention that on page 32, it lists the Klipsch RF-3's for $249 a pair. The stock # is 30177. Sorry, I couldn't help more, but maybe later. I'm kind of on an over, over, over extended break from work and need to get back. I'd appreciate if you let me know if the above information resulted in you finding the speakers.

Mike_A

Stunt Coordinator
well i just called - first guy told me the RF-3's were $249 a pair for sure, but there were none in stock. When I asked how long it would be before they had them, he told me to hold and then we were disconnected. I called back and got a different guy who told me "they don't exist anymore." and that there was no replacement yet.

hmmm...definitely an awesome deal, but looks like it may not happen...since the information varied a bit, I may try calling back later and think it wouldn't hurt if a couple other people here tried as well...

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
Thanks, Dana. I'm going to try and stop there early next week, much tougher to put me on hold that way. :)
Is anyone else having trouble with those .pdf files? I get a few paragraphs, but no pics or prices, the page is mostly empty.

DanaA

Screenwriter
Sure hope it works out for you guys and sorry if this leads to a dead-end.

Dana

John Fieldstadt

Stunt Coordinator
Keep trying! I dealt with Sound City a year and a half ago and got some really great deals. The trick is to keep calling (you get a different customer service rep almost every time) each of these reps will probably give you different stories and prices. Eventually you should find someone who will give you a good deal. I personally suggest Rich (I believe his extension is 714), he was extremely helpfull last year and got me some great prices.

Good Luck.

Mike_A

Stunt Coordinator
ok yet another answer this time - now they say it's a misprint and that's the price for each. still none in stock, although he expects a shipment within 2 weeks (odd since I thought the RF-3 II's were the thang now)...

Matt Malto

Stunt Coordinator
I e-mailed them and they never wrote me back. Sounds like this company is full of idiots who can't get their act together.

ToddJoseph

Stunt Coordinator
I also emailed them on Friday. Great Customer Service. What the hell is that old saying again, If its too good to be true..........

250.00 each is OK, but for a discontinued item? I would pay 300 for a pair

Adil M

Supporting Actor
I called them and they said they were 250 each for the version II's. ?!? They are sending me their brochure.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks