What's new

Kenny vs. Spenny (1 Viewer)

CharlieD

Grip
Anyone else seen this show on the Game Show Network? Two old friends compete in stupid challenges. Kenny always cheats to win, and Spenny is humilated at the end. It is a reality show, I suppose, In the sense that it isn't scripted, but it's intentionally comedic.

I suspect that many people will probably find it dumb, but if you are a fan of silly humor, give it a watch. I have been trying to find someone else who has seen it to laugh with, but few know of its existance.

It is a Canadian show, so perhaps our Canadian friends are more familier with it.

Ike

Screenwriter
I've caught this twice (standing and mini-comps) and thought it was hilarious. I think the fact that it's on GSN is probably the reason more people aren't watching it.

Marc Bax

Second Unit
Wow am I late but I caught the last few weeks (the "who's more sane", with Kenny going nuts and firing roman candles off in his apartment after losing, strikes me as the highlight) on GSN and it's great. All fans of reality tv should check this out at least once as it is better then the premise sounds on paper. Oh and Kenny doesn't ALWAYS win, just most of the time. The humiliation tasks after a loss are great as well. A well done little Canadian series that was (thankfully) picked up by the little known GSN who'da thunk it'd work?

P.S. I've been catching new episodes (back to back the last few weeks) Thursdays at 9:00PM Central on channel 309 (DirecTV)

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
I love this show! I don't get GSN, but a family member does, so whenever I go there, I like to watch it.

Mark Dubbelboer

Screenwriter
Oh man this show is incredible.
It used to be on the cbc during the 5:00 or 5:30 timeslot on tuesdays and it was just such a bad time. Luckily I was able to watch it and turn on all my friends to it.
This season they've brought it back Saturday nights at 8pm. Hopefully the added exposure will allow even more people to watch it.

My brother was down for the weekend and we watched "who will survive in the woods longest". not one of the stronger episodes but still enough to hook him and his girlfriend.

CBC has an official website with all the episode listings, one of my favourites was "who do kids like the most". i'm not sure what i'd do if i ran into kenny on the street, i'd probably punch him then give him for being an ass then apologize because he's so damn funny doing it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks