What's new

KEF 25b Not working anymore? (1 Viewer)

AndrewFr

Auditioning
I have a KEF 25b Subwoofer that suddenly started Buzzing (with or without cables attached).

It also smells like something is burning.

Kef offered to fix it for $110 which is their flat rate (assuming it can be fixed), plus shipping both ways - ugh!

My question is does this sound like something major or minor? Is it something I can fix myself?

Is it worth fixing or should I start looking for a replacement?

Thanks for any help you can offer!

John S

Senior HTF Member
I'd replace the amp, usually external, you just have to find a way to get the output of the amp directly to the speaker terminals of the driver.

A cheapo amp that seems to be impressive in this application is the Audiosource AMP/1A in bridged mode.

Often $69 on Ubid. I'd rate it better than most any plate type "integrated into the sub" amp out there in all honesty.

AndrewFr

Auditioning
So you think the Amp is definitely the problem based on what I said?

I'm definitely a novice when it comes to this stuff (I have a good system that I'm sure isn't hooked up the best it should be :b) so more details as to how to go about doing this would be helpful.

Honestly if it involves taking the whole thing apart and soldering new connections, etc. I'd be happy to spend the $40 difference and let them do it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks