K-mart.com scam - 3 disc E.T.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Len Simons, Nov 15, 2002.

1. Len Simons

Len Simons Agent

Now I've seen everything.

I'd ordered the 3-disc collectors set E.T. from K-Mart.com's website a couple of weeks ago, for $24.24 plus shipping.
    Yesterday I received a box from K-Mart.com via USPS that was much larger than it needed to be (about 20" x 8" x 8").
    It was also much lighter than it needed to be, given that it was supposed to contain the box set.
    Sure enough, when I opened it it was empty. Lots of packing materials, a packing invoice listing the ET Collector's Set, but nothing else. I called K-mart.com; they said they would investigate.
    Today I received an e-mail saying they will credit my Visa account. When I tried to reply to the email to request that they ship the item instead, the return email address is invalid.

I can only assume that they didn't want to follow through with the original sale, and this is how they went about cancelling the sales contract.

Has anyone else received their set from K-Mart.com?

Len

2. Len Simons

Len Simons Agent

Update:

After spending a very long time on the phone with Kmart.com customer service, here is what they agreed to do to resolve the issue:

I am to order the Gift Set once again, at full price ($62.98!). Once it ships, they will credit me the difference between the new order total and the original order total. (The difference comes to $41.74 inc. tax - a tidy sum.)

I'm curious to see if they follow through on their own, or if I'm going to have to call again to fight for the credit.
    I love a good fight!

Len

3. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

Good for you, Len! [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Dah-Dee

Dah-Dee Supporting Actor

I did receive mine, in the big rectangular shipping box, with lots of wadded paper packing.

5. GlennH

GlennH Cinematographer

Glenn
    I also received my Ultimate Gift Set from Kmart.com, packaged quite cocoon-like in a large box. It's a heavy set with the hardcover book, so that's appropriate. Nice looking set, although I haven't watched it yet.

6. Len Simons

Len Simons Agent

Well, looks like K-Mart decided they didn't want to go through with their end of the bargain after all. Can't say I'm really surprised, but I CAN say that it's the last time they'll get any of my business.

Here's the e-mail they sent today. I especially like the part where they invite a reply to the email, but their e-mail server kicks back every attempt saying :

The following recipient(s) could not be reached:
    'customercare@ONLINE.KMART.COM' on 11/19/2002 5:02 PM
    The recipient name is not recognized
    Dear Len:

Thank you for shopping at Kmart, your business is important to us. We regret to inform you that we are unable to complete your order 671#####. The following item(s) is unavailable at this time and has been cancelled from your order.

Item: 025192226021
    Description: DVD : E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial The 20th Anniversary
    Quantity: 1 @ $ 62.98

Please remember that you are not charged for unshipped item(s). Your satisfaction is very important to us. Please allow one of our Sales Consultants the opportunity to suggest an alternative product from our site that will meet your needs. For assistance, please reply to this email or call our bluelight.com Customer Service Department at 1-866-24-Kmart Opt. 4.

Once again, please accept our apologies for this inconvenience.

Sincerely,

Customer Service
    Kmart.com

7. Marshall W. Carter

Marshall W. Carter Stunt Coordinator

All this goes to once again prove the one movie quote that has been personally applicable time and time again...

"K-Mart sucks."

8. Jeff_HR

Jeff_HR Producer

I hope that you will decide to give your business to a more reputable company in the future.