What's new

JVC SA75GD on fritz-new player suggestions (1 Viewer)

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
My JVC SA75 is freaking out on me a lot now. Wont read a lot of discs(Simpsons season 2...arrgghh) I am looking for a relatively inexpensive progressive scan DVD player, preferably with DVD-A, and without the chromo bug that would work. Also, a coaxial digital out is a must.
The Kenwood 605 looks good, but I dont know what chipset it uses. The Panny RP82 sounds too damn good, but I dont know who carries it, or what chipset it uses.

Any ideas?

Ernest

Supporting Actor
I just picked up the Panny RP82 and it is an excellent player. I have been converting VHS and laserdisc to DVD-R and DVD-RAM so I was looking for a player that read DVD-RAM / DVD-R. This unit along with the RP91 are the only players available right now that read DVD-RAM.

I tested the player's progressive scan with many tough DVD's, Fifth Element, Gladiator and others and it played flawlessly. The player also read DVD-RAM discs of Wyatt Earp and Once Upon A Time In The West with no problem.

There are many places selling this player. such as;

Crutchfield
Abes of Maine
OneCall
Amazon

I picked up mine at Abes. Good luck.

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
WHat chipset does the RP82 use? Genesis? DCDI?
DOes it do scaling like the RP91? COAX output?

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
OK...found on another thread that the RP82 uses DCDI. WHat about the Toshiba models. They have a DVDA with progressive scan, not too sure of model number. Do the Toshibas have the chroma bug?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks