What's new

Just Saw 'Incredible Hulk/Duel' episode - and I don't know whether to laugh or cry... (1 Viewer)

Keith Paynter

Screenwriter
Having for the first time ever seen the first season episode, Never Give a Trucker an Even Break, I was suddenly getting this horrible feeling of deja vu, because here was footage from Steven Spielberg's TV movie "Duel" incorporated into the episode! This is probably old news to you fans, but I never really paid much attention to the series when it originally aired, and the use of the footage had me laughing and cringing at the same time, as classic banjo chase music accompanied the highway footage, and even though they tried to match the vehicles, you could see some interior car shots were pooly placed (when a woman drives the car in a t-shirt, you can see an insert of Dennis Weaver's arm in a white dress shirt, etc. Even one of the bad guys had a moustache and glasses to look like Dennis Weaver (or his stunt double). They used every shot they could including the death of the truck.

I'll never be able to watch 'Duel' again without hearing banjo chase music in my head! It's like Universal pulled a 'Brazil' all over again...

Linda Thompson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Linda
Reminds me of the 1st-season MacGyver ep (Thief Of Budapest") which uses (quite liberally!) footage from "The Italian Job". For the most part, they did a fairly decent job of matching, but some of the screen work is WAYYY obvious...

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks