What's new

Just recieved my 45a , please make suggestions (1 Viewer)

Gregory Scott Bass

Stunt Coordinator
I dont even have it hooked up yet but so far I have
pink floyd sacd
queen a night at the opera
and fleetwood mac rumours

any other must haves in the rock genre

I got my 45a for 327 from reliable audio video...price was finally right :)

also please include any tips on set up that are not obvious, I will be hookling it to an hk avr 8000

Bobby T

Supporting Actor
This would get better results in the music section but here goes.

These are all must haves.
Metallica Black DVDA
Queensryche Empire DVDA
Eagles Hotel California DVDA
The Corrs In Blue DVDA
any of the Police SACDs
Both of the Stevie Ray Vaughn SACDs

Guy R

Auditioning
If you have surround capabilities, Beck's Sea Change, Peter Gabriel - Up (both SACD's) and Steely Dan's Everything Must Go (DVD-A) will sonically be the 3 best discs to get initially to test out the 45a.

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
Greg,

Please use the search button...there is TONS of info on this player. There are some issues with Bass Management and LFE channel level that you should know about.

As for the list of titles, that is up to personal taste, although I will issue one dissenting vote against Metallica.

I have always liked the album, but in DVD-A 5.1, the cymbals are the most glaring and harsh of any title I own. Could be my rears, my rig, or both, but I literally can not listen to that title.

The guitar, bass, drums, and vocals sound great, but the cymbals just hurt my ears. Seriously. I have to think that this is just a limitation of the source, but of the 25 or so Hi-Rez titles I have, this is the only one I can't listen to.

As for a positive suggestion, I highly recommend Yes-Fragile.

BGL

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks