What's new

Just got replacement "Monsters Inc" and it's STILL defective! (1 Viewer)

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
I bought Monsters Inc on release day only to find out that on my Pioneer DVL-909 it freezes up at the layer change. When calling Disney they didn't know what was going on but said they'd get back to me, of course they never did. I called them again a couple weeks ago and they said they finally did fix the problem and they'd send me a new disc with a return label to send back the old one. I got the new disc yesterday and while it's from a different manufacturer it STILL locks up at 84:01 and makes my sound system go to PCM!
Has anyone gotten Monsters Inc to play all the way through on this type of player? I have an el-cheapo model that can play it OK, but the Pioneer is still my main player and it's never had any trouble with the hundreds of other DVDs I've thrown at it!

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
On my DVL-700 it looks like it's going to freeze up but it continues to play.

I do have problems with "The Emperors New Groove SE". It had audio dropouts so I had to go with the barebones version.

On "Castle of Blood" I lose audio completely the last half of the movie.

I've only had one firmware upgrade so far, so I guess we're limited to what we can own until we "FINALLY" upgrade! :D

Andrea W

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Andrea Whitlock
Bump.

I have a Pioneer DVL-919 and my original Monsters Inc freezes at the layer change (for the widescreen version). I wasn't aware there was a corrected disc out.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks