What's new

Just chatted with NAD re: PLIIx (1 Viewer)

Erik Farstad

Supporting Actor
To all those wondering if NAD is going to release DD PLIIx for their newest receivers and processors, here's the update:

NAD is contacting/working with Cirrus Logic to request the "code" so that NAD can then "update" the software in their gear. And that my friends is where things are at...Cirrus, like most chip-processor manufacturers, have a variety of chips available. If a manufacturer, like NAD for instance, puts in a chip that does not have a particular "software function" like PLIIx they must contact Cirrus, who then at times, must contact Dolby to seek permission to place their software protical on a particular chip. I was told Dolby has been contacted by Cirrus to obtain the code necessary to make this upgrade possible.

Feel free to email me and I'll be happy to get a "NAD UPDATE" email list going for folks who want to be kept in the know! :D

So when all the ducks are in a row, PLIIx should be made available through an update at your local NAD Dealer.

Ray_C

Stunt Coordinator
Interesting. I'd like to be kept abreast of this, seeing I recently got a T163 Pre/pro.

Roger Dressler

Stunt Coordinator
>>I was told Dolby has been contacted by Cirrus to obtain the code necessary to make this upgrade possible.

Erik Farstad

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the inside info Roger, I understand that as well...I guess it's just a matter of "going through the motions" of making it happen then!

BruceD

Screenwriter
Erik,

Isn't NAD using the same Cirrus-based EastTech platform as Outlaw, Sherborn, and others?

Erik Farstad

Supporting Actor
BruceD, I'm not entirely sure "which platform" they use, but I do know they use the Cirrus chipsets...I'll see what I can stir up! :D

Erik Farstad

Supporting Actor
I just got off the phone with Lenbrook, NAD's marketing folks, and the T163 is manufactured in China therefore not an EastTech OEM product (which is manufactured in Tawain). I've requested the exact DSP model numbers as well as any more info for software updates for PLIIx...which will come directly from the Head of Marketing for NAD...so hang tight, they are calling me back shortly.;)

Erik Farstad

Supporting Actor
Ok, here's the scoop: Look for an software update around the beginning of Summer...so in about 3 months or so. I'm going to stay ontop of this but feel free to contact your local dealer or shoot me an email and I'll update anyone interested when I hear anything.

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
Eric,
I'll email you. I wonder if this applies to their receivers or not..

If so, I've got some thinking to do!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks