What's new

Jurassic Park Trilogy case??? (1 Viewer)

GregBarron

Agent
I thought I heard somewhere that you would be able to contact Universal to receive the trilogy case if you bought them seperately. Does anybody have any information on how to go about getting this? Also I think there is a fourth extra feature disc, are we able to get that too?

Any information would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Greg Barron

Nate Anderson

Screenwriter
It's available along with the puchase of Jurassic Park 3, or so I'm told. There's supposed to be information inside the case.

I think it's a cool idea, myself.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
To expand a little bit on Nate's info, there's supposed to be a coupon in the JPIII standalone discs that you can send in along with $6.95 S&H to receive the disc of extras and the 4-disc slipcase. I also think this is pretty cool of Universal; now if only they'd let me order a slipcase for my Universal Monsters set!

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Great idea. I hope that Fox can learn from this and give people that bought The Phantom Menace the same kind of deal, albeit, the other films are years awaay still.

Peter Overduin

Supporting Actor
There is a coupon inside that not only lets you send away for the case, but also for a free DVD! One lets you send in a photocpy of your reciept, the other requires the original cash register reciept and coupon. (Since I have had mine for some time, I have to wait for the reciepts - not sure how Universal would react to getting them before the DVD is even supposed to be out!)

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
The Paul Champagne boxes are nice, but his JP box doesn't have space for the 4th disc of extras that comes with Universal's box set (and which JP I & II owners get if you send in the coupon in JP III).
Besides, $7 for Universal's offer vs. $25 for the fancy box? I'd rather spend that money on another DVD! :) ;)

Tom V

Grip
Does anyone know if Universal will go by the sku# on the receipt to verify purchase? Because, I purchased Jurassic 3 today from Best Buy, but their receipt does not show the whole movie title on it. The length of the entire title is too long to fit on the receipt when the register prints it. So my receipt just shows "Jurassic Park" instead of "Jurassic Park 3". I just do not want them to think I purchased the orignal instead of the 3rd one. I am trying to send in my coupon for the bonus disc and case. I would assume the sku# on Best Buy's receipt in some way ties it into the Jurassic 3 title instead of Jurassic 1. I would assume this has happened to others today as well. Does anyone else have this on their receipts, at least those of you who purchased from Best Buy.

Thanks

Tom V

Tony Scello

Second Unit
Tom:

My receipt from Best Buy for JP III also says only "Jurassic Park". I obviously bought JP III since I sent in the original offer form that was in only the JP III case along with my check. I can't believe that Universal is somehow going to deny this offer to everyone who bought JP III at Best Buys throughout the country because there computer system/register receipt does not have enough characters to include the number "III". There would be hell to pay if this were the case. I sent in my Best Buy receipt, as is, today for this offer.

Brian W. Ralston

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian W. Ralston
Craig,

I bet if you (or anyone) e-mails Paul Champagne, he will lengthen the box and make one that holds one more DVD so you can put all 4 discs into it.

Just a thought!

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
Are you screwed if you get JP3 as a gift? I've already got 1 & 2 (bought the big box, with the lithographs and soundtracks), and JP3 is on my Christmas list. Sure would like the 4th disc and the slipcase.

Tom V

Grip
Hey Tony,

I totally agree with you. I just thought that it was a starnge occurance to not have the whole title printed on the receipt. I wanted to make sure I was not the only one. I am sending mine in tomorrow, but making a copy of the proof of purchase just in case, before I send that in for the other free DVD.

Thanks from Tom

I too was worried about the full title not showing on my Best Buy receipt, but then realized that my receipt is dated on 12/11/2001. Also I could not have sent in the coupon without purchasing the JP3 DVD. I think we'll all be ok on this one. But I do think it's awesome that Universal is offering the bonus DVD with a 4 disc slip case to boot. Way to go Universal.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks