What's new

Jolida 302B amp 4ohm OR 8 ohm speaker mine are 6 ohm? (1 Viewer)

Judy Y

Stunt Coordinator
Which hook up do I use? Sorry, I have read the OHM explanations but it just makes my head spin. The Jolida manual does not state which hook up to use 4 ohm or 8 ohm for different ohm speakers.

I have Wharfedale pacific towers that are 6 ohm. I tried the bookshelf pacific speakers that I have with the amp at the shop and the amp didn't break a sweat. I believe my towers are more efficient........ anyway...... should I hook them up to the 8 ohm or 4 ohm spot?

(I did write an email to Jolida- but don't really expect an anwer until tomorrow. I WANT TO HOOK THIS ALL UP BEFORE I HAVE TO GO BACK TO WORK tomorrow!)

Any help would be appreciated!

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
The higher the output impedance of the power amp, the more the speaker takes on a frequency response curve that is related to its impedance curve. If that's how that's really supposed to be read, I'd imagine that you'd get a bit more of a bottom end, the speaker sound not you!, using the 8's.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks