What's new

John Lennon Imagine from MoFi due July 22nd! (1 Viewer)

Emil Stoica

Second Unit
Per some posts on Steve Hoffman's site, this will be the Yoko remixed version and not the original. :thumbsdown:

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
"Original Master Recording" my ass. :thumbsdown:

I wonder if Yoko is milking us by planning on releasing a MoFi gold CD first, then high-res (probably non-MoFi) later.

An SACD or DVD-A could include both mixes (but I don't expect that).

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
...or maybe Yoko won't permit a hi-rez release? I wonder if this is priced below the SACD's? Could they be starting a second tier of CD only releases? Do they have a web-site yet? They should...! I have most of the Mo-Fi releases so far and I'm very impressed. They're very consistently excellent so far. I think I'd have the lot if I got the Sonny Rollins release...? It is perplexing that it's not an SACD. It's always Yoko's fault...:)

Michael_T

Second Unit
I wonder if this is priced below the SACD's?
It doesn't appear so. On the music direct site, the owners of the new Mobile Fidelity owners, they have "Imagine" priced at $24.99 (same as their SACDs).

I guess you have to factor in that this is a more "visible" or "desirable" title, so licensing fees may be more. That could be why it is a regular Gold CD as opposed to SACD (which probably costs more to manufacture?), and priced as if it were an SACD hybrid.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks