Jimmy Buffett at # 1

Discussion in 'Music' started by Kirk Gunn, Jul 23, 2004.

1. Kirk Gunn

Kirk Gunn Screenwriter

After writing over 30 albums, including 8 gold, 4 platinum and 3 multi-platinum albums (including one of the best-selling box sets of all time), ParrotHeads are on top of the world !!!

"License To Chill" debuts at #1 on Billboard with 234,000 copies sold in the first week. Congratulations to Jimmy on his first #1 album!!! Read more at www.billboard.com

2. Danny Tse

Danny Tse Producer

Congrats, Jimmy!! Where have you been? Margaritaville?

The greatest span of time between chart debut and hitting #1. Think of all the artists who have come and gone within that period of time.

3. Kirk Gunn

Kirk Gunn Screenwriter

"Come Monday" was at #30 in '74 and Margaritaville hit #8 in '77. Only other chart toppers in '74 that are still around:

- Elton John
    - Eric Clapton
    - Chicago (are they still recording ???)
    - Paul McCartney

Love him or hate him, you can't deny the man is a dynamo shrugged off by the industry. His album sale history alone should get him into the R&R Hall of fame, but also consider:

- NYT BestSelling Author on multiple occasions

- Consistently ranked Top-10 money-making tours

- Owns a national chain of restaurants

- Has the best lawyers in the business on retainer (just try using the words "cheeseburger" and "paradise" in a business slogan....)

If only I could turn my drunken debauchery into a multi-million-dollar-a-year industry ! I admit it, I'm just jealous.... [​IMG]

4. Lee Scoggins

Lee Scoggins Producer

Lee
    I just got this album and am about halfway through but I really like it. The country artists mix well with his Caribbean influences. Utley is a good producer.

Highly Recommended!