What's new

Jimmy Buffett at # 1 (1 Viewer)

Kirk Gunn

Screenwriter
After writing over 30 albums, including 8 gold, 4 platinum and 3 multi-platinum albums (including one of the best-selling box sets of all time), ParrotHeads are on top of the world !!!

"License To Chill" debuts at #1 on Billboard with 234,000 copies sold in the first week. Congratulations to Jimmy on his first #1 album!!! Read more at www.billboard.com

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
Congrats, Jimmy!! Where have you been? Margaritaville?

The greatest span of time between chart debut and hitting #1. Think of all the artists who have come and gone within that period of time.

Kirk Gunn

Screenwriter
"Come Monday" was at #30 in '74 and Margaritaville hit #8 in '77. Only other chart toppers in '74 that are still around:

- Elton John
- Eric Clapton
- Chicago (are they still recording ???)
- Paul McCartney

Love him or hate him, you can't deny the man is a dynamo shrugged off by the industry. His album sale history alone should get him into the R&R Hall of fame, but also consider:

- NYT BestSelling Author on multiple occasions

- Consistently ranked Top-10 money-making tours

- Owns a national chain of restaurants

- Has the best lawyers in the business on retainer (just try using the words "cheeseburger" and "paradise" in a business slogan....)

If only I could turn my drunken debauchery into a multi-million-dollar-a-year industry ! I admit it, I'm just jealous.... :D

Lee Scoggins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
I just got this album and am about halfway through but I really like it. The country artists mix well with his Caribbean influences. Utley is a good producer.

Highly Recommended!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks