What's new

Jeepers Creepers, anyone watch it? (1 Viewer)

Dave_Brown

Supporting Actor
Just rented it the other night. I thought it was supposed to be this highly regarded horror flick. I found myself laughing at it's attempts to be scary.

I thought it started out with a good storyline and I credit them for not using the same old "vampire/werewolf" monster type thing. Overall, not a very good movie and the ending left me with a Blair Witch feeling...... lame and weak.

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
I watched it, and generally came away unimpressed. It had a very good beginning that was quite spooky and set up the film to go off in a great direction. But, it became a cartoon and slid into silly sequences that weren't believable at all. It did alot of reaching, and struggled admirably, but in the end, it became a waste of time.

Bruce

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I don't know about any of you guys, but this film really pissed me off!:angry:
Their is nothing worse than a film that is really good throughout, and then has the dumbest ending i've ever seen!!
No, I take that back, this film has no ending, it just stops!
I for one DEMAND either a sequel or an explanation!:angry:

Brad_W

Screenwriter
The first half of the movie was good because it was like The Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Then the second half started and it really sucked from that point forward.

Ernesto Santos

Stunt Coordinator
I don't think you have to demand a sequel. I think it is pretty obvious we will get one, or two, or three, or.....:D

todd stone

Screenwriter
My thoughts:

1: The movies first half hour was great imho, but shortly turned sour, with the usual horror flic storyline

2: The kid actor wasn't right for the part, they could have found a better actor

3: The villian himself. Very cool when you don't see him, but once you see his face and the whole flyign wings thing comes about, the movie gets stupid real fast

4: You call that a decent ending???

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
I had the opposite opinion. I liked the movie as it constantly changed focus. I liked that it contained just about every horror movie plot in one (suspense chase, psychic warnings, ominous animals, monster with an arbitrary life cycle), and I loved the ending.
So, in answer to your thread title, not much. :)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Dome, you must be EXTREMLY perceptive! How could anyone see THAT ending coming!?:confused:
The film was all over the place, and the last thing it was, was predictable.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I agree with Alex to a point, their really was nothing wrong with a good majority of the film. It struck me as a cross between 'The Texas Chainsaw Massacre' and 'Pumpkinhead', but that ending made me furious! Did this film even have a test audience!? I seriously doubt it, because if it had, that ending wouldn't have made it past the editing room floor!
I don't mind risque' endings, in fact I love them, but their is a fine line between an ending being risque', and being unsatisfying, the ending was unsatisfying. It had no conclusion, it's like they forgot to include the third act!
On the plus side though, the film had spooky atmosphere to spare, very good charactors, and one helluva creature.
And Gina Phillips is such a hottie!:)
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

Paul_D

Senior HTF Member
I thought it was superb, until whathisname gets out of the church basement and they go back on the road. Echoing, what has been said before, it all goes down hill from there.

Dan M

Second Unit
I thought it wwas a decent little monster flick.

Let's face it, horror movies are usually pretty silly, period. But I get a kick out of them anyway.

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
Dome, you must be EXTREMLY perceptive! How could anyone see THAT ending coming!?
Surprise, surprise, my banned friend Wes Ray showed me this movie (I still have no clue what the administrator's side of the story is).
Anyway, if I know anything about horror movies, you have to listen a lot to the stereotypical "stark-raving mad person's" rants. Every horror movie seems to have one, and a vast majority of the time they're ignored. She gave a hell of a lot of info out during her first rant on the phone.
Oh yeah, that and everybody I talked to said that song "Jeepers Creepers" from the "golly-gee whiz" era actually had something to do with the movie.
"Jeepers Creepers, where'd you get those peepers."
As cool or uncool the creature was, he looked way too much like that guy from Wishmaster.

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
Ah, but I actually found the ending to be particularly satisfying. Here's why: THe entire movie builds you a relationship with the brother and sister. You hear their banter, you see them fight, you see them running for their lives. Although there is a huge body count (especially in the police station), they manage to get away. But seeing what happens at the end is all the better because you really get a character (which rarely happens in horror movies).

I only wish they hadn't used that updated version of Jeepers Creepers when they are followed by the cop car. I think that put everyone on the tact that it only attacks when that song is playing. The significance of the song was that the psychic knew it would be playing in the darkness at the end. Nothing more.

Dave_Brown

Supporting Actor
I don't think they used the song to demonstrate when he attacked. I think it was used to paint the image of what body item he was going after from the boy. I don't remember hearing it play at all when he was attacking the lady with all the cats.

Nathan_R

Supporting Actor
My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed the first 4:41 minutes that kept repeating on an endless loop from the slobber clopy I rented from BB on street date. Based on this thread, I'm a bit more intrigued. Maybe I'll go back and rent it again..and make sure the BB employee doesn't bake a pizza on the disc again before I take it away.

~~Nathan

Ron Eastman

Second Unit
I watched this last night and must admit that I enjoyed it somewhat. Like Dome, I also saw the ending coming. As soon as it was revealed that the "creeper" eats your parts/organs to replace his own and considering the songs lyrics, the ending to me was the obvious conclusion.

And yes, Gina Phillips is a hottie!!! We need more movies with her as eye candy.

Tom-G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
This film was almost good, but not quite. There were some suspenseful scenes, but the horror movie cliches dragged the entire film down. The two main characters were effective and believeable as brother/sister.
I for one DEMAND either a sequel or an explanation
Ask and ye shall receive. Link Removed it out.

Travis D

Second Unit
Man, I must have a terrible taste in movies cause I really liked it. The reason being, is that it felt more like a REALLY GOOD X-Files episode than the entire last 2 seasons could have hoped to achieve. It just screamed "Third Season X-Files" to me and I guess that is why I liked it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks