Jeepers Creepers DVD heads up!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Denny_S, Dec 30, 2001.

1. Denny_S

Denny_S Stunt Coordinator

Just finished watching this film again (saw it once in the theater back in summer), great little horror flick ! I thought MGM did a good job on this disc. While not reference quality, the disc is nicely done for a horror film which didn't make tons of money at the box office. There is one little thing I think anyone who hasn't seen the movie as yet should be aware of; in the main menu there are some scenes that could be considered as spoilers.

Please try and avoid the menu from playing for too long if you hate stuff spoiling certain surprises or plot points within the movie, I absolutely hate it when some studios decide to make menus that sometimes play like a mini-movie.

Here are some of those spoilers for anyone who has already seen the movie:A) You get to see some of what Darry sees in the church basement - the guy with the sown up chest wound.
    B) You get to see the Creeper's bat-like wings

2. Bjoern Roy

Bjoern Roy Second Unit

I also hate it when a DVD menu shows scenes that spoil the movie. Argh... Unexcusable! When i notice that scenes from the movie are shown, i usually hold my hands in front of my face to cover most of the screen while i navigate through the menu. You never know!

3. Adam Tyner

Adam Tyner Screenwriter

The video quality might not be jaw-dropping, but it didn't look that great theatrically either.

4. Bjoern Roy

Bjoern Roy Second Unit

Adam,

i was at the world premiere of Jeepers Creepers at the Fanatasy Filmfest in Munich and the picture quality was sensational, especially the daylight car scenes in the beginning.

5. Adam Tyner

Adam Tyner Screenwriter

Maybe it was just the print at one particular theater, then. I haven't seen grain that heavy since my father last hooked up his 8mm projector. [​IMG]