JBL STUDIO SERIES – S412PII questions

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by RobertGeo, Apr 13, 2002.

1. RobertGeo

RobertGeo Agent

i have some questions about these speakers. i listin to 85% music and 15% movies. the type of music we listin to is dance/rock/hard rock. are these speakers more for listining to music or are they geared troward the movie side? any opionins on these speakers? i know it has the built in amp so does that mean i dont have to buy a powered sub or will i have to go out and buy the sub? i messed around with them today at best buy but they said they dont sell them and didnt have a price. they where just for show. i also messed around with the other jbl setups they had and liked the sound of them. i have a pioneer vsx-d3s rec. i will be upgrading this rec. in a few weeks. no clue on what to buy but i know someone out here will help me spend my money.[​IMG] also what do the STUDIOSERIES – S412PII run for? thanks for the help, rob

2. Phil Iturralde

Phil Iturralde Screenwriter

I've never personally auditioned them, but I know that the JBL S412P was one of two S-Series Speakers to received the CEA Innovations 2000 Design and Engineering Award, ... the other was the JBL S38.
    Read Amazon.com Editorial Review by Wayne Garcia S412P* Speaker Package

3. Chris Tsutsui

Chris Tsutsui Screenwriter

The S412 has a 200-watt powered woofer section. And you'll need 100 to 250 watts RMS.
    The price is $389 each + $40 shipping at Etronics.com (MSRP $850 each)
    I've never auditioned them but I think they will get along fine without a sub. If you were more of a movie fanatic I would recommend a separate sub for the channel to handle the really low bass.
    If you're considering JBLs high end studio then maybe you should check out the JBL TiK series... with a pure titanium inverted dome midrange with MSRPs as high as $3500 each. [​IMG] I wish I could compare these to the paradigms and divas.

4. RobertGeo

RobertGeo Agent

thanks for the info phil & chris. i thought the price would have been much higher. im not sure what to do. ill see who else from the forum writes about this setup and try to make a decision. thanks again, rob