What's new

JBL STUDIO SERIES – S412PII questions (1 Viewer)

RobertGeo

Agent
i have some questions about these speakers. i listin to 85% music and 15% movies. the type of music we listin to is dance/rock/hard rock. are these speakers more for listining to music or are they geared troward the movie side? any opionins on these speakers? i know it has the built in amp so does that mean i dont have to buy a powered sub or will i have to go out and buy the sub? i messed around with them today at best buy but they said they dont sell them and didnt have a price. they where just for show. i also messed around with the other jbl setups they had and liked the sound of them. i have a pioneer vsx-d3s rec. i will be upgrading this rec. in a few weeks. no clue on what to buy but i know someone out here will help me spend my money.:) also what do the STUDIOSERIES – S412PII run for? thanks for the help, rob

Phil Iturralde

Screenwriter
I've never personally auditioned them, but I know that the JBL S412P was one of two S-Series Speakers to received the CEA Innovations 2000 Design and Engineering Award, ... the other was the JBL S38.
Read Amazon.com Editorial Review by Wayne Garcia S412P* Speaker Package
The sound on this speaker is clear, detailed, and punchy. If you like to play your music and movies loud, this is the speaker for you.
Pros:
· Clear, powerful sound
· Natural frequency balance
· Plays very loud without distortion
· Great bass response
Click on the link above to read the rest of Wayne Garcia's test report. Also, 8 consumers added their reviews there also. These reviews should give you an idea about the S412, until someone else in HTF chimes in!
Also, JBL released a 19 August 1999 Studio Series News Release article, NEW JBL STUDIO SERIES HOME-THEATER AND STEREO LOUDSPEAKERS BRING STUDIO-QUALITY SOUND TO CONSUMERS
, ... for your reading enjoyment. :)
Phil

Chris Tsutsui

Screenwriter
The S412 has a 200-watt powered woofer section. And you'll need 100 to 250 watts RMS.
The price is $389 each + $40 shipping at Etronics.com (MSRP $850 each)
I've never auditioned them but I think they will get along fine without a sub. If you were more of a movie fanatic I would recommend a separate sub for the channel to handle the really low bass.
If you're considering JBLs high end studio then maybe you should check out the JBL TiK series... with a pure titanium inverted dome midrange with MSRPs as high as $3500 each. :) I wish I could compare these to the paradigms and divas.

RobertGeo

Agent
thanks for the info phil & chris. i thought the price would have been much higher. im not sure what to do. ill see who else from the forum writes about this setup and try to make a decision. thanks again, rob

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks